We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ixxim Mayan Massage Center-Please Read

Which San Marcos La Laguna hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
1 post
Save Topic
Ixxim Mayan Massage Center-Please Read

Hello all!

San Marcos La Laguna is a beautiful, small town with some wonderful people and great opportunities to relax, take part in some yoga or meditation, and enjoy delicious food.

However, I feel compelled to share my experience at Ixxim. It's a Mayan massage center that offers courses on many topics, as well as Mayan astrology readings and massage.

Unfortunately, I was violated while receiving a massage from the owner (male) at Ixxim. I am not the first woman to report incidents at this location.

I will not going into details, but I am currently in the process of reporting the incident to INGUAT (the tourist police).

So I ask that for your own safety and wellbeing, I do not recommend receiving a massage or even supporting this business at all. I'm not sure if I'm allowed to say this on tripadvisor but I feel this site is used often by travelers and it is the best means for getting my message across.

Safe travels, enjoy beautiful Guatemala, and I hope you don't have to go through the same situation myself and other woman have.

4 replies to this topic
Panajachel...
Level Contributor
172 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ixxim Mayan Massage Center-Please Read

So sorry to hear about that. Unfortunately, there are bad people everywhere. I hope the police report is effective in preventing any further incidents. Stay safe and take care of yourself.

Lake Atitlan
Destination Expert
for Lake Atitlan
Level Contributor
1,031 posts
225 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ixxim Mayan Massage Center-Please Read

I am replying via P.M. on this very personal matter. I am sorry it happened to you, but we can help if from happening to others.

Appleton, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
7 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ixxim Mayan Massage Center-Please Read

I also heard about these incidents happening there. I am so sorry it happened and I am glad you are warning people. I know some of the locals try to warn people to stay away but not everyone hears about it. Please everyone stay away!

Level Contributor
8 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ixxim Mayan Massage Center-Please Read

Very disturbing - but I appreciate your willingness to share for the sake of others, and hopefully running this pervert from town. Are you okay?

Edited: 11:56 am, December 02, 2013
Reply to: Ixxim Mayan Massage Center-Please Read
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about San Marcos La Laguna