We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

taxi back Nagarkot - Kathmandu

Which Nagarkot hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Lima, Peru
Level Contributor
176 posts
50 reviews
Save Topic
taxi back Nagarkot - Kathmandu

Planning to visit Nagarkot for 1 or 2 nights around 20 November

Once in Nagarkot, Is it easy to organize a taxi to Bhaktapur or Kathmandu? or is it chaeper to request the taxi that we will use to get to Nagarkot to overnight in Nagarkot and take us back the following day?

Is there also a tourist bus from Nagarkot to Katmandu?

Thanks

Kuala Lumpur
9 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: taxi back Nagarkot - Kathmandu

is there any bus going up to nagarkot these days?? where to catch the bus from kathmandu??

Kathmandu, Nepal
Level Contributor
75 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: taxi back Nagarkot - Kathmandu

Hi EwanKL,

you can easily go to Nagarkot by bus. Take a bus in Kathmandu, Ratnapark to Bhaktapur and swith busses in Bhaktapur. All in all this will take you between 2 and 3 hours to reach Nagarkot.

Enjoy your trip,

Great Wall Nepal

Dhaka City...
Level Contributor
97 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: taxi back Nagarkot - Kathmandu

hello all,

I am planning for a trip to nepal in feb in sha Allah.I am thinking to go to nagarkot for a day trip.pls suggest me hows the route ;is it fine or scary?those who are having height phobia (somewhat) is it ok for them?is there any Oxygen shortage when u r on the top ?

Cumbria
Level Contributor
4,534 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: taxi back Nagarkot - Kathmandu

I have been up to Nagarkot a couple of times and survived the journey ;-)

Yes – The road is narrow and twisty but it is blacktop all the way and compared to a lot of roads in Nepal in good condition.

Many thousands of visitors (+ a Lot more locals) do the trip without incident so I wouldn’t worry too much – Make sure that you hire a decent vehicle with experienced driver through a reputable local company and you will be fine

And there is absolutely no problems with oxygen ;-)

Good Luck and Happy Safe Travels

Rob

Dhaka City...
Level Contributor
97 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: taxi back Nagarkot - Kathmandu

Thnaks a lot for the post.Of course it would help.May I know a bit more baout the reputed vehicle orgs?as me n my husband is planning for a trip by a package tour operator so i think they would arrange for us,But again would like to know the good vehicle opertaors....

Cumbria
Level Contributor
4,534 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: taxi back Nagarkot - Kathmandu

There are issues on TA about mentioning individual companies so to keep clear of complaints I don’t do this – But I am sure that the tour operator that you have chosen to sort the rest of your trip out will happily oblige

Good Luck and Happy Safe Travels

Rob

Dhaka City...
Level Contributor
97 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: taxi back Nagarkot - Kathmandu

I understand.Thnaks :)

Dhaka City...
Level Contributor
27 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: taxi back Nagarkot - Kathmandu

Hi,

Would anyone give me the latest fare of following transport?

1. From Kathmandu to Nagarkot by Taxi (Size like Tata Indico) for both way with overnight stay ? Duration of the journey ?

2. From Kathmandu to Nagarkot by Taxi (Size like Tata Indico) for one way ?

3. From Kathmandu to Nagarkot by Bus ? Duration of the journey ? Will it be available in mid November ?

Thanks in advance :)

19. Re: taxi back Nagarkot - Kathmandu

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:16 am, January 07, 2015