We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shuttle from Williams to Williams Junction

Which Williams hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Cape Town
Level Contributor
39 posts
Save Topic
Shuttle from Williams to Williams Junction

I am planning to stay overnight in Williams in Oct. & to get the train out of Williams Junction at 03:50 the next morning. I am advised that the Amtrak shuttle collects passengers from the Grand Canyon Railway Hotel in Williams and takes them to Williams Junction. Is this correct? May I therefore safely assume that, if I have booked the trip out of Williams Junction, the shuttle will automatically collect pax from the GC Railway Hotel? Thanx

West Yellowstone...
Destination Expert
for Flagstaff, West Yellowstone
Level Contributor
2,249 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Shuttle from Williams to Williams Junction

It sure looks like that's the case:

www.amtrak.com/servlet/ContentServer…

"Departures from this station are at the Grand Canyon Railway Hotel only. A van will connect passengers from the hotel to the Williams Junction platform to board the train."

If it were my trip, I'd probably call the hotel directly just to verify. You will probably get better answers from them than calling Amtrak since the station in Williams is not manned and you'd end up talking to someone at the national office who only knows as much as you do from reading the website.

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
55,192 posts
225 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Shuttle from Williams to Williams Junction

Call to confirm. Pick ups are not automatic and the train station is far from town.

Cape Town
Level Contributor
39 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Shuttle from Williams to Williams Junction

Thanx so much for that info. It makes more sense now. What peeves me is that I have to pay $40 for a hotel room and I'll only be able to sleep +- 3 hours before having to wake up at 2a.m. to get the bus at 3a.m.!

4. Re: Shuttle from Williams to Williams Junction

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 pm, June 20, 2013