We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

luxury grand canyon???

Which Williams hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
socal
Level Contributor
955 posts
41 reviews
Save Topic
luxury grand canyon???

Are there any luxury lodging near the grand canyon?

Or a really nice bed and breakfast with a large soaking tub?

I called the park service reservations and they were saying that many flagstaff or sedona might have something, but isn't that kind of far away?

also willing to stay closer to the north rim...

Just need ideas for this spring, since everything in the park is reserved so far in advance.

Thanks!

Mesa, Arizona
Level Contributor
3,796 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: luxury grand canyon???

No not really Flagstaff and Sedona are closest.

I'd have to say Flagstaff. Some good choices are Embassy Suites, Little America, The Raddison, Ine Inn at NAU, The Inn at 410 (on Leroux St downtown) http://www.inn410.com/ for a nice b&b. Sedona would have more resort style places but its 30 mins from Sedona to Flagstaff and then over an hour from Flagstaff to GC. www.flagstaffchamber.com

www.visitsedona.com

Hope this helps you out a little The in at NAU is nice on campus but great local and has hot made to order breakfast near downtown.

socal
Level Contributor
955 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: luxury grand canyon???

thanks for the quick response.

how far from sedona is the grand canyon?

we are looking to take photographs in the grand canyon--- so sunrise and sunset are a must for us...is that a lot of long driving?

Mesa, Arizona
Level Contributor
3,796 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: luxury grand canyon???

its roughly 1 1/2 to 1:45 dependant on traffic and weather. For some its a lot of driving. But if you are use to commuting it really isn't and its a nice drive. You can break it up by stopping in Flagstaff along the way.

dragonflyladyofarizona@hotmail.com

Sun City West
Destination Expert
for Rosarito
Level Contributor
4,449 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: luxury grand canyon???

In order to be at the canyon for sunrise and sunset, it's much easier to stay in the park--and they do get cancellations, so keep checking. The lodging in the park will definitely NOT be luxury; it will be clean and adequate. My second choice would be just outside the park--and again, you won't find luxury, just clean and adequate (but more luxurious than in the park). In this case, I think you'll have to choose between easy photography and luxury.

Williams, Arizona
Level Contributor
92 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: luxury grand canyon???

In response to your question regarding distance from Sedona to Grand Canyon, the distance is about 95 miles one way. There are several nice B and B's in Williams. Terry B and B and the Sheridan House are but a few. Both are listed on the internet and thru Laniers I think. Look in trip advisor and you should be able to find them as well as others. Sedona is nice, but is a bit of a round trip if you are wanting to observe sunrise and sunsets.... Sedona is very pricy and while it is upscale if you look close, it is sort of out of the way when trying to do the Grand Canyon. Williams is a good mid point for visiting the canyon, flagstaff and sedona. Just my opinion, but Williams is still a good value when it comes to visiting the northland.

Phoenix, AZ
Level Contributor
334 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: luxury grand canyon???

also take a look at

www.littleamerica.com

it is our favorite hotel in the area.

flagstaff is much nicer than williams, and not as touristy as sedona.

if you decide on sedona you may try

www.amararesort.com

we stayed there a few weeks ago.