We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Never stay at this hotel

Phoenix, Arizona
1 post
Save Topic
Never stay at this hotel

Never stay at the Howard Johnson Hotel in Williams,AZ. Walter miller working the front desk is "very" rude. He tried to charge my credit card twice last night. Then when i refused to let him and my family and i left he charged my card(draining it)for what i can only asume as a cancelation fee. He also did this very same thing to the nice french man before us. I posted this 3 times on Howard johnsons facebook page but they removed it because they do not want you to know how bad their company is. Please stay away from this hotel chain!!!!!!

Edited: 3:15 pm, June 03, 2010
West Yellowstone...
Destination Expert
for Flagstaff, West Yellowstone
Level Contributor
2,300 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Never stay at this hotel

I'm not familiar with this hotel but I'm certainly sorry this happened to you. Have you contacted your credit card issuer to file a dispute?

You may also wish to post a review in the Reviews section of Trip Advisor.

Phoenix, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Phoenix
Level Contributor
6,466 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Never stay at this hotel

Unfortunately, you aren't the first person this has happened to:

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g31407-d74695-R…

You could also contact the Better Business Bureau. Sorry you had such a bad experience.

Edited: 6:26 pm, June 03, 2010
Phoenix
Destination Expert
for Phoenix
Level Contributor
2,487 posts
304 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Never stay at this hotel

I'm so sorry that you had that experience. I hope you contacted the manager of that hotel and related this story. You should definitely post a review on TA tripadvisor.com/Hotels-g31407-Williams_Arizo…

Phoenix, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Phoenix
Level Contributor
6,466 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Never stay at this hotel

The manager IS the problem, unfortunately, per many of the reviews. Hence the suggestion to contact the BBB. I also agree to dispute it on your credit card.

tucson az
Destination Expert
for Tucson, Arizona, Northern Mexico
Level Contributor
16,141 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Never stay at this hotel

There is no such thing as a "cancellation fee." A hotel may charge you for one night, as are the terms for most hotels, for a "no show." Absolutely contact your credit card company and dispute any charges.

Evanston, Wyoming
Destination Expert
for Page, Grand Canyon National Park
Level Contributor
4,876 posts
155 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Never stay at this hotel

I too am sorry you had a bad experience there. I actually stayed at this motel when I went on the 1-day White Water Raft Trip at Diamond Creek and while it wasn't the Bellagio, but it was fine.

Other sites you may also post a review on are Yelp.com, MerchantCircle.com, epinions.com, Fodors.com, Frommers.com

As to the Better Business Bureau, I've heard they've lost a lot of their power of late - recently read an article about a gal who signed on for one of those "Mystery Shopper" gigs and verified that the company was listed with the BBB. They were, but they turned out to be shady anyway. Could be an isolated incident, but do file a dispute with your credit card company ASAP. In my experience they will go to bat for you and you run a good chance of the dispute being resolved in your favor.

7. Re: Never stay at this hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:22 am, December 02, 2010