We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Good Eats in Williams Arizona

Which Williams hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
South Florida...
Level Contributor
94 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Good Eats in Williams Arizona

Help..is there anybody who can tell me good places to eat in Williams? I will be staying there for 2 nights while exploring the GCNP. I will be there with my mother who is bit finicky when it comes to food...likes small portions...perhaps a tapas resturant or one with soups and salads? Any cool diners since it is on old route 66? Thanks.

Santa Fe, New Mexico
Destination Expert
for Santa Fe, Mesa Verde National Park, Boulder, New Mexico
Level Contributor
20,850 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Good Eats in Williams Arizona

Williams is not a huge place, I doubt there is a tapas restaurant. We have only dined at Rod's Steakhouse. Nice soup, sandwiches as well as steaks, burgers etc.

I have read about a few places on these forums, search through and you will find the names, I just can't remember!

Mesa, Arizona
Level Contributor
3,796 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Good Eats in Williams Arizona

If your mother likes small portions she is going to have to eat off the kids menu or share. Nothing personal LOL.... You get your moneys worth in WIlliams. And leave any diet you are on at home. Much of the food is home style cooking. Rods is ok but overly priced. Try Pine Country (home made pies), Panchos (mexican), Rt 66 Diner has awesome BBQ and live music every day. Old Smokies for breakfast and lunch only. All three of these places are across the street from eachother. If you get there early you might catch the gunfight which happens around 7pmish through Sept. We have many exellent places to eat. There are some newer ones I have not eaten at but the one's I've mentioned are always top notch. Might be a short wait some times. Don't expect anything fancy.

Oregon Coast
Destination Expert
for Crescent City, Oregon Coast, Oregon, Redwood National Park
Level Contributor
42,853 posts
1,049 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Good Eats in Williams Arizona

Here is the list of Wiliams restaurants with reviews from TA members:

tripadvisor.com/Restaurants-g31407-Williams_…

As you can see, opinions vary widely!

birmingham
Level Contributor
312 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Good Eats in Williams Arizona

i agree; have looked at the reviews myself and had come on here to ask the same question as OP. reviews of Rod was dreadful; and i like steak too !

birmingham
Level Contributor
312 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Good Eats in Williams Arizona

geez; i am gonna have to look at the dates on these posts

6. Re: Good Eats in Williams Arizona

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:15 pm, September 30, 2009