We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Valencia Hotel in Simferopol

Plymouth, MA USA
Level Contributor
2 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Valencia Hotel in Simferopol

Hi -

I'm planning a trip to Simferopol and thought I'd rather stay at a smaller hotel. The last time I was in the Crimea I stayed at the Hotel Yalta.

Has anyone had any experience with the Valencia Hotel in Simferopol?

Any information would be appreciated.

Thanks

Vorontsov Palace and Park complex
Natural History Museums, Architectural Buildings, Parks, Castles
Monument to the sunken ships
Points of Interest & Landmarks, Monuments & Statues
Simferopol
Level Contributor
84 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Valencia Hotel in Simferopol

Hi there, i dont know whether this s rather late for a reply. But you may want to try renting accomodations from Babushka (old granny)which is quite cheap. You can go to the market near the train station in Simferopol and you will see some elderly with cardboards. Prices is around 100-120uah for Jan 2009.

Plymouth, MA USA
Level Contributor
2 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Valencia Hotel in Simferopol

Thank you Jacklyn502.

I'm planning to head over sometime in June. The cost of the hotel isn't a major issue, so I guess I'll give the Valencia a try.

If my Russian were a bit better, I might be a bit more adventurous.

Thanks again.

Simferopol
Level Contributor
84 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Valencia Hotel in Simferopol

Just recalled the exact place of Valencia Hotel. It was satisfying for my friend's parents 2/3 years ago.

Location is rather strategic. Just less than 3mins walk, is a supermarket (Silpo) that opens 24hours. And the Central market is just a walk in 10-15mins. Everything is central. So, shouldn't be a prob. Hope you have a good trip then.

And if you ever need directions in English (During day time), I believe you will see a number of foreign students around Silpo , especially during weekends(I think they still need to do shopping even if it's exam period, hehe)

Best wishes.

4. Re: Valencia Hotel in Simferopol

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:17 pm, October 10, 2009