We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Grand canyon Village lodges with air con in August

Which Tusayan hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
birmingham
Level Contributor
48 posts
96 reviews
Save Topic
Grand canyon Village lodges with air con in August

My husband and I are hoping to stay in or near Grand Canyon in August next year when I know it will be very hot.We plan a two or three day stay. I can find no mention of air con in any of the village lodges. Does anyone know of one that definitely has air con that works and which is the best? I am considering Best Western Lodge in Tusayan as next best alternative.

Uden, The...
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
60,942 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Grand canyon Village lodges with air con in August

Nights are not hot at 7000 ft. We didnot need a/c. Best imo is to stay at one of the 4 rim hotels, El Tovar, Kachina, Thunderbird or Bright Angel. Maswik and Yavapai are on a short distance. Afa I know East Yavapai has a/c.

Evanston, Wyoming
Destination Expert
for Page, Grand Canyon National Park
Level Contributor
4,727 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Grand canyon Village lodges with air con in August

Visit www.grandcanyonlodges.com for specifics on what amenities each hotel has. Air conditioning will definitely be listed where applicable, for example, per the website, "El Tovar Hotel has 78 rooms and suites, all with cable television, telephone, full bath and air conditioning."

The majority of in-park rooms have air-conditioning. The handful that still don't tend to be the more economically priced rooms such as Maswik cabins and Yavapai West rooms.

But as Tet points out, Grand Canyon South Rim is 7,000' above sea level, so nighttime is still cool even in summertime. During the day, you probably won't be hanging out in your room all that much, so I wouldn't let lack of air conditioning be a deal breaker if you have the opportunity to stay inside the park. But if it's an absolute must, then the Best Western Squire would be a good alternative, but it is outside the park about 10 minutes from the canyon rim.

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
56,428 posts
225 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Grand canyon Village lodges with air con in August

The simple answer is that you don't need A/C at the GCNP. Nights are cool and blankets are often needed more than anything. Days are warm, but without humidity, still comfortable. And if you are spending time in your room during the day, you are wasting your valuable time at the GC.

birmingham
Level Contributor
48 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Grand canyon Village lodges with air con in August

Thanks to all for your help, will go for inside the park sanwat

5. Re: Grand canyon Village lodges with air con in August

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:22 am, March 28, 2010