We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bar to watch Premier Leage game.. 8am!

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
24 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Bar to watch Premier Leage game.. 8am!

Hey there

My husband and I are currently staying in San Pedro La Laguna (and loving it!) - however, my husband is soccer mad and wants to watch the Chelsea game tomorrow which starts at 8am. Anyone know where we could catch this in town? Alegre only opens at 9 and doesn't seem to be showing the game.

Wishful thinking I know, but just thought I'd put it out there :)

Burr Ridge, Illinois
Level Contributor
3,900 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Bar to watch Premier Leage game.. 8am!

My experience in Guatemala is that the place is crazy for football (hum...American soccer). When the World Cup was on last summer from South Africa it was almost impossible to find a shop keeper willing to be pulled away from the television long enough to handle a transaction.

My guess is that there will be a bar down by the main dock that will have the game on TV. Thatclaregirl, you have to keep your man happy.

Bethesda, MD
Level Contributor
2,814 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bar to watch Premier Leage game.. 8am!

I was going to suggest Alegre. Even if they don't plan to open, it would be a good place to ask about where you could watch the game. Or ask at your hotel or other restaurants.

Port Richey, Florida
Level Contributor
2,546 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bar to watch Premier Leage game.. 8am!

I'm sure you can watch it in your own room provided you have a room with cable TV. That game is definitely going to be on local TV, Fox Sports, Gol TV or ESPN in spanish.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
24 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bar to watch Premier Leage game.. 8am!

Thanks guys - turns out Alegre opens at 8 now that the Premier League games are on at that time - score! They might even let us in for some of the AFL finals - we thought for sure that nowhere would be showing them so we hadn't even bothered to look into it. San Pedro just gets better and better :)

And thanks Kyle but we don't have cable TV, we're doing a homestay :)

Lake Atitlan
Destination Expert
for Lake Atitlan
Level Contributor
1,031 posts
225 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bar to watch Premier Leage game.. 8am!

You can always count on Alegre Bar to keep the sports fans happy. They do a great job of keeping us all connected to the sports world while on our travels. Go Alegre!!!!

6. Re: Bar to watch Premier Leage game.. 8am!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:21 am, February 24, 2013
Get answers to your questions about San Pedro La Laguna