We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Drake Bay to Playa San Josecito

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
31 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Drake Bay to Playa San Josecito

How long does it take to hike from Drake Bay to Playa San Josecito? And doesn't anyone know if there is a hiking trail along Rio Claro? Just looking for some day hikes to do.

Cano Island
Islands, Nature & Wildlife Areas
Naturaseekers
Forests, National Parks, Nature & Wildlife Areas, Hiking Trails
Pensacola, Florida
Level Contributor
12,945 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Drake Bay to Playa San Josecito

PSJ is a few kilometers north of San Pedrillo in Corcovado Natinoal Park, Playa San Josecito has a superb coral cove that is safe for snorkeling .

Boat from Drake Bay.www.jinetesdeosa.com good info.

Munich, Germany
Level Contributor
343 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Drake Bay to Playa San Josecito

We were there in March and wanted to hike to Playa San Josecito from Drake Bay. We are both experienced hikers and hike pretty fast. But actually we never made it to Playa San Josecito. Coming from the cold European winter, the hot and humid climate at Osa gave me some circulatory troubles. We hiked fast about three hours and since we did not get there and didn't know how much more was missing, we turned around. But afterwards we heard that we must have been close... So I think you should expect a full day hike of about 6 hours. Our hotel was situated on the eastern side of Drake Bay, so this added approx. 20 minutes more to our hike. The area is beautiful and even though we never made it to Playa San Josecito, the hike was worth it.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
31 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Drake Bay to Playa San Josecito

Hi,

Is the trail to playa san josecito walkable with Teva sandals or any sandals for that matter?

And do you know if there is a marked trail that runs along Rio Agujas or Rio Claro?

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
47,872 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Drake Bay to Playa San Josecito

I always tell my people...hike with hiking boots...soft ...and easy to dry...but for any serious hike...hiking boots.!

Also even that most trails inside of our parks are well marked...just take in consideration that the signs can be removed or gone...that is on of the reasons to hike with a local guide!

roadadvisor

merryxmas

Just buckle up and enjoy the ride in PARADISE!

5. Re: Drake Bay to Playa San Josecito

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, June 13, 2010