We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Casa Corcovado, Aguila de Osa, or La Paloma

Which Drake Bay hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Austin, TX
12 posts
Save Topic
Casa Corcovado, Aguila de Osa, or La Paloma

Help!! We are going to Drake Bay at the end of July, and can't figure out where to stay. We've definitely narrowed it down to either Casa Corcovado, Aguila de Osa, or La Paloma. Can anyone help? We want a place that has great tours, but then you can return to a clean, nice room where you don't have to worry about animals or bugs getting in. We want good food too. We'd like a nice beach, but it's not #1 on the list. Any help is much appreciated! Also, what will the rain be like then (if anyone knows).

Thanks!

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,026 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Casa Corcovado, Aguila de Osa, or La Paloma

I like La Paloma...is a great place with a great location!!

Rain hopefully not to much this year...July can be nice since we have EL VERANILLO DE SAN JUAN...is a weather factor that is great...is a stop on the rain...is like summer...

Luis Road Advisor

Just buckle up and enjoy the ride in paradise!!

California
Level Contributor
28 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Casa Corcovado, Aguila de Osa, or La Paloma

I have been to all three, I book reservations for hotels in Drake bay. Casa is located farther south and up a steep hill and have excellent views, and 4 star accommodations. It is like a little city in the rain forest. They are probably the nicest place in all of Drake bay. You cant really walk to the beach, but they have a tractor that takes you up and down.

Aguila and La Paloma are the second nicest. Both Aguila and La Paloma are located more in Drake bay and you can walk to more places from here.

However if you do a package with tours then you dont really need to hike anywhere.

I have pictures of all these places if you want to e mail me you can go to my site and I am happy to send them to you. I was just down in March takgin footage of all the hotels, So I also have video clips.

i have been working in Drake Bay travel for 10 years now and am happy to help!

www.drakebaytravels.com

Thanks,

Summer

3. Re: Casa Corcovado, Aguila de Osa, or La Paloma

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:17 pm, September 26, 2009