We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shuttle from San Jose to Sierpe

Toronto, Canada
2 posts
Save Topic
Shuttle from San Jose to Sierpe

Our family is having trouble getting seats on the Sansa flight to Drake Bay on December 23rd. I am looking at other options. Has anyone had experience with the overland Shuttle from San Jose to Sierpe, which connects with the boat to Drake Bay (I read about it on The Bug Lady's website?

2 replies to this topic
Slovenia
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
Level Contributor
18,831 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Shuttle from San Jose to Sierpe

It is a long drive in a minibus, but there will be no other options, IMO. Or local bus yet this one is takes even longer.

Paris, Canada
Level Contributor
7,492 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Shuttle from San Jose to Sierpe

Buses are often not much slower than shuttles and are of course much cheaper. By shuttle it is 5 to 6.5 hours (depending on pick-up point). We went from Sierpe to San Jose by bus. First a bus (30 minutes) from Sierpe to Palmar Norte (but a taxi works too) and then a Tracopa bus (5 hours) from Palmar Norte to San Jose. So from San Jose a Tracopa bus to Palmar Norte and then a bus or taxi to Sierpe. But I see Tracopa also has one direct bus from San Jose to Sierpe at 8:30 am. The Bug Lady's website also mentions Tracopa, by the way.

http://tracopacr.com/es/index_es.aspx

Reply to: Shuttle from San Jose to Sierpe
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Drake Bay