We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

dress casual for most restaurants

lou
charlton, ma
Level Contributor
201 posts
36 reviews
dress casual for most restaurants

Are most restaurants casual dress in the evening in the Dominical area?? Por Que No or Exotica for instance. We do not mind dressing for dinner (khakis and shirt for hubby, skirts or "towngown " for me...do these make sense for most places, or is it more nice shorts with shirts type of atmosphere...planning my packing now!!!

Uvita, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
2,649 posts
44 reviews
1. Re: dress casual for most restaurants

There are no dress codes, casual, shorts, flip flops, etc. Some people like to dress up a bit for Exotica but I usually go in flip flops and shorts. Make sure you put bug spray as all restaurants are outdoor and mosey bits can disrupt a pleasant evening.

JENSEN BEACH
Level Contributor
11,268 posts
51 reviews
2. Re: dress casual for most restaurants

I enjoyed casual sundresses for comfort and do take a light sweater/jacket for evenings as the breeze can be cool. Shorts would have been fine. Lightweight skirts and nice tshirts good. My Husband loves t shirts and shorts. Only took two "collared shirts" to Dominical/Uvita and he was fine. Most nights he wore shorts. On New Years Eve he wore a Tommy Bahama shirt, khaki long pants and a nice pair of Tommy Bahama Sandals...that is formal wear in His book! Most men were more casual so he was a bit put out with me for asking him to "dress"! Other nights his shorts and a clean tshirt were fine anywhere we chose to visit...no worries. You won't see "bling" and for heavens sakes....no heels. comfort is key!

lou
charlton, ma
Level Contributor
201 posts
36 reviews
3. Re: dress casual for most restaurants

I suspected as much - thanks!

4. Re: dress casual for most restaurants

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, December 29, 2016