We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

monkeyridecr

Arlington Heights...
Level Contributor
37 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
monkeyridecr

When we were in Dominical, our scheduled ride to Sierpe never showed up....we went to the Dominical Information office....and they were EXTREMELY helpful. The owner of monkeyridecr was there (who is from CA and spoke fluent English) and they called our driver....and arranged for him to meet their driver halfway....at no extra cost to us. They worked out the pricing between our driver and their driver....and it all worked wonderfully. We were on a tight time table as we needed to catch a boat to Drake Bay. Really great customer service.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
48,221 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: monkeyridecr

Humm..really i do not undesrand...monkey ride are the worst or the good guys....in my case I have had never heard anything about them good or bad...try to deal with well known companiescand hopefully certfied by ICT..

roadadvisor

Arlington Heights...
Level Contributor
37 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: monkeyridecr

Sorry for the confusion. Monkey ride were the good guys. The bad guy was an independent driver hired by the BnB we stayed at (all I know is his name was Pedro and we had his phone number). Pedro never showed up at our arranged pick up point (and since Dominical is only two streets long....we could not have missed each other)... Monkey ride got ahold of Pedro and had him come back to get us ... But since Pedro was 90 min away at this point....monkey ride offered to drive us toward Pedro as Pedro drive toward us...so we could be sure to make our boat in Sierpe. And monkey ride did not charge us.....they arranged some deal with Pedro (since we were paying Pedro our prearranged price). I know I am not explaining this well, but in summary monkey ride made a bad situation very good.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
48,221 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: monkeyridecr

Thank you very nice of you…so glad that at the end you solve your problem…that is one of the reasons we always recommend to deal wit well known companies…and hopefully certified…otherwise you will get what you pay for!

roadadvisor

Dominical, Costa...
Level Contributor
185 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: monkeyridecr

I have found Monkey Ride that works out of the Dominical Information Center to be very reasonable in cost, reliable and conscious of providing good customer service. I have been recommending them since they started and have had nothing but good feedback. When they are bringing guests to meet friends that are waiting for them, the driver calls and gives progress reports so they know they are on the way and when to expect them. Thanks for sharing your experience and glad you made your connections.

West Chester...
Level Contributor
3 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: monkeyridecr

We also used Monkeyride in Dominical, for reasonably transfer to the airport (SJO). The ride was just fine, about 4-5 other people came along.

6. Re: monkeyridecr

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, November 29, 2015