We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nauyaca Waterfalls or Rancho Tranquilo

JENSEN BEACH
Level Contributor
11,027 posts
51 reviews
Save Topic
Nauyaca Waterfalls or Rancho Tranquilo

We will only have time to do one of these horseback tours this trip. Has anyone done both? They both get great reviews and just wonder if one is more rewarding than the other.

Slovenia
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
Level Contributor
15,945 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nauyaca Waterfalls or Rancho Tranquilo

I have done only ride with Linda from RT. I am pretty sure it is much more a personal affair then the other one with don Lulo. In fact, there were only my family, Linda and a young Tica that makes us company. We went to Diamante waterfall. Neither me neither my wife have any horsebackriding experiences yet we have enjoyed both the ride and the company. So my votes goes to Linda and rancho Tranquillo. Only problem might be that it is located away in the hills, and 4x4 car is needed to reach her place.

Dominical, Costa...
Level Contributor
185 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Nauyaca Waterfalls or Rancho Tranquilo

Nauyaka can do groups of up to 40 which they break down into two separate groups so if you are gong between Christmas and Easter, chances are you will be in a group of 20, otherwise they are typically smaller groups. Nauyaca is more than a horseback ride to the falls. You get to enjoy a breakfast on their property on the way there which includes some up close time with a few animals and birds. Once at the falls jump in the water and climb up the waterfall to jump or dive off. They guides will be there to assist you. They also put on a pretty impressive high diving show too. On the way back you get a typical Costa Rican lunch that gets high reviews all the time. It is a family run business which is one of the most popular tours in the area. When I ask visitors what they enjoyed the most while they were here, Nauyaca is the most common answer. I have not done the Rancho Tranqullo tour yet so can't compare but I am sure you cannot make a wrong decision. For those that want to do a horseback ride on the beach during the day or at sunset if it is not high tide, La Merced just outside of Uvita has a good operation. They have tours into the mountains too and are small groups with a very personal experience reported by guests..

Port Hope Ontario
Level Contributor
43 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Nauyaca Waterfalls or Rancho Tranquilo

I spend a couple of months in the area every winter and LOVE Don Lulo's! So much that I do the tour 2,sometimes 3 times every visit. It is truly one of the highlights on my visit to that area. Don't miss it!!

4. Re: Nauyaca Waterfalls or Rancho Tranquilo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, October 02, 2014