We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nauyaca Waterfalls from Manuel Antonio

Level Contributor
5 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Nauyaca Waterfalls from Manuel Antonio

Can anyone tell me if there are tours from MA to Nauyaca Waterfalls? Is it worth the day trip? We would go in the morning and return to MA after the excursion is over. Looking to try and go to this one - http://www.cataratasnauyaca.com/index.htm.

Does anyone know what time the tours usually start and end for the day? How long do you stay at the waterfall before returning back? It will be just my husband and I, so does anyone know the average cost for 2?

Sarasota, Florida
Level Contributor
105 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Nauyaca Waterfalls from Manuel Antonio

I dont know if there are tours from ma, but I can tell you that its worth it. We were staying in dominical so it was very easy to drive to the excursion. We paid 60. Pp which included breakfast, lunch, horseback to the falls with plenty of time for swimming, photos etc. I rate this excursion one of the best and a highlight of our trip.

Level Contributor
5 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Nauyaca Waterfalls from Manuel Antonio

Can you share a little bit more about your experience driving in Costa Rica? I'm not sure how easy or difficult it is to rent a car at the last minute if we decide to drive, and what side of the road do they drive on? I read somewhere that CR does not have street addresses? Is it expensive to rent for a day?

Also, how long did you actually stay and enjoy the waterfall once reaching it and before you had to leave?

Edited: 1:07 pm, May 19, 2013
3. Re: Nauyaca Waterfalls from Manuel Antonio

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 12:27 am, May 22, 2013
San Diego...
Level Contributor
8 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Nauyaca Waterfalls from Manuel Antonio

If you want to rent a car to be picked up from the airport, it's true is not easy to drive around San Jose area, so I would recommend to rent a GPS (many car rentals company offers that for an extra cost). But once you get to the coast is very easy to get around, especially the southern area, it's one highway that connects all the beaches towns (from Jaco - Manoel Antonio - Dominical - Uvita, etc).

If you are in Manoel Antonio, I HIGLY recommend you guys to go to Nauyaca Waterfalls, is one of the most beautiful waterfall in Costa Rica! The drive from MA to Domi takes about 30min and an extra 15min to get to the tour's office. The tour starts at 8am and finish around 2pm. Once you get to the waterfall, the group can stay in the water as long as they want. There is a big pool and you can also brave yourself to climb the falls and take a big jump. The place is really beautiful, and along the ride you can see lots of animals. It includes breakfast and lunch. I hope this information helps!

Regards,

Jeanine

dominicalwaverider.com

Edited: 12:32 am, May 22, 2013
5. Re: Nauyaca Waterfalls from Manuel Antonio

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, May 24, 2014