We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Have you stayed at Dominical Surfing Compound??

Denver, CO
Level Contributor
20 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Have you stayed at Dominical Surfing Compound??

Hello there,

I saw one big negative review on this place, but the rest since then seemed to be pretty positive, so we are seriously considering renting this villa. If anyone out there has rented it before, would you be willing to answer a couple of questions for me please? I know I could ask the owner some of these, but I am afraid I might get some diluted answers and also don't want to contact him until we are absolutely sure.

All the sites this house is listed on say the rental price is for 12 people, a surcharge *may* apply for more than that. Can you tell me what surcharges you paid if you had more than 12 people?

Is the staff services (cleaning, cooking) included in the rental price? If not, could you give a ballpark as to how much that cost?

Would you recommend renting cars for 20-23 people or would you hire drivers and vans to cart you around? I like the idea of a driver taking us to and from the airport, however what if we want to go see/do things, go to the grocery, etc.? Does it get expensive and tedious to keep hiring drivers?

How far and easy/difficult of a walk is it really to the beach below? And to town?

Costa Rica Surf Camp
Nature & Wildlife Tours, Surfing, Windsurfing & Kitesurfing
Dominical Surf Adventures
Surfing, Windsurfing & Kitesurfing, River Rafting & Tubing, Kayaking & Canoeing
Sunset Surf Dominical - Day Lessons
Sports Camps & Clinics, Surfing, Windsurfing & Kitesurfing
Costa Rica Dive and Surf
Scuba & Snorkeling, Surfing, Windsurfing & Kitesurfing
San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
48,221 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Have you stayed at Dominical Surfing Compound??

I may can help you answering the driver questions since that is what I do for living!.

1- From SJO airport to Dominical maybe the best idea is to have a nice Toyota Coaster good for 30 people, waiting for you guys...it is a nice ride about 4 hours good road all the way!

2- Maybe rent some small cars...maybe 2 to move around...and for shooping!

3- Keeping a driver with you guys all the time it is expensive...since you have to pay,,,hotel...food...plus what ever he charges for his car and himself...

4- Once you need to move the whole group around you can find a couple local vans...

roadadvisor

Denver, CO
Level Contributor
20 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Have you stayed at Dominical Surfing Compound??

Thank you so much roadadvisor! That was very helpful and they sound like very good ideas! One more question: are there places to rent cars in Dominical or Uvita (for moving around like you said)? And if so, is it much more expensive than renting cars in San Jose or about the same price?

Thanks in advance!

Dallas
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Have you stayed at Dominical Surfing Compound??

Marianne,

These folks can help you. You're going to love this part of CR.

http://www.uvita.info/

Ken

Denver, CO
Level Contributor
20 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Have you stayed at Dominical Surfing Compound??

Thanks Ken! Checking it out now :)

Dominical
Level Contributor
63 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Have you stayed at Dominical Surfing Compound??

Yes, there are local rental car agencies in Dominical/Uvita area. I would try Solid Rental and the contact is Diego Vindas:dvindas@solidcarrental.com

We have only heard good things about his prices and customer service.

Hope you have fun while in the area.

Denver, CO
Level Contributor
20 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Have you stayed at Dominical Surfing Compound??

Thank you! Everyone here is so helpful!

7. Re: Have you stayed at Dominical Surfing Compound??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, December 15, 2010