We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

flying toucans villa

Which Dominical hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
maryland
8 posts
Save Topic
flying toucans villa

does anyone know anything about villa flying toucans near cuna de angel hotel?

Denver
Level Contributor
184 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: flying toucans villa

Scion,

We will be staying there in April so I am really looking forward to your review. Please tell us everything you did there as well as restaurants and local shopping info. Thank you, and glad to know it is as beautiful as it looks. We are so psyched.

Rochester, NY
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: flying toucans villa

Scion2: I can't wait to hear about your trip and what activities you enjoyed the most.

Thanks

between Dominical...
Level Contributor
27 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: flying toucans villa

Hi Kepakids, If you have the time to do a couple of locations, I would certainly recommend the Arenal area. It is a short hop (a couple of hours) from SJO and can be reached easily on the same day of your arrival if your plane lands before 2pm. With a couple of nights there you will see the volcano if you are going to see it. Quite often there is cloud cover at the summit, blocking the view of the eruptions. Depending on where you stay in the area it is anywhere from a 51/2 to 7 hour drive to the Dominical/Uvita area. La Fortuna is about 7 hours. If you are going there for activities other than the volcano, La Fortuna is perhaps the most developed part of the Arenal area but if you want to see the volcano show it is probably better to stay somewhere further west. In '97 or '98 (my memory fails) new craters opened up on the north side and then a couple of years later, a little to the west so now, the best views of the eruptions are probably from the north side of the lake near Nuevo Arenal (about a 6 hour drive to Dominical.) It is definitely within a day's drive. If you send me your email address to shelterfromthestormcr at gmail I will be happy to send you directions through Tillaran. I will also be happy to send you a list of some of the activities in the area to prove to your husband that he won't be bored. Believe me, EVERYONE that comes to this area wishes that they had more time here. The trouble with staying at Flying Toucans is that once you are there, your motivation to go do things is overwhelmed by the desire to just stay at the villa. It is outstanding. In my orientation to the villa (I am the manager) I give suggestions for organized tours, restaurants, night spots and driving tours but it is so beautiful that many of the guests just can't motivate themselves to leave the pool. I always thought that we had the best views in the area until I saw John and Marys place. You can't go wrong.

14. Re: flying toucans villa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:19 am, July 13, 2010