We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Life In Surprise

Which Surprise hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
St. George, Utah
Level Contributor
240 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Life In Surprise

We are thinking about relocating to Surprise, Az. within the next 6 months. We can't take much more of the cold, damp, humid Pittsburgh winters.

The condo prices seem extremely low and I'm wondering if there are problems I'm not aware of - like high crime or water problems....or I don't know what else....I am looking at condo's on N. 142nd Avenue and W. Mountain View Blvd. My husband is 66 and retired and I am 55. We love the west and visit the Grand Canyon and Vegas regularly. We also enjoy Sedona and Cottonwood and Camp Verde areas. Is Surprise similar to this part of Arizona?

We like the idea of being close to an international airport like Phoenix without living in a large city.

Thanks for any help or suggestions. We are planning a week's visit to look at the condo's later this fall.

Mesa, Arizona
Level Contributor
9,997 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Life In Surprise

Another thing to consider is how high your electric bill will be for the months you use air conditioning, and paying for water, and paying for garbage pickup. (My sister lives in AZ - I live in NYC)

12. Re: Life In Surprise

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, May 01, 2010
Get answers to your questions about Surprise