We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

flooding issues

A B
Cortez
1 post
Save Topic
flooding issues

Is the trail to Supai OK now? Are the Havasupai people's water supply/sewer system back in order? Did the campground get damaged in the summer flood(s)?

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
54 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: flooding issues

I was looking for the same information before our trip in mid October. Found this video from trip on September 17-22.

You can see - the trail is fine. But there is a comment that campground was damaged but I don't think it is too bad.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvBS9uokET0

Ann Arbor, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Grand Canyon National Park
Level Contributor
7,724 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: flooding issues

I just read a short trip report dated 9/20 that the campground was open and the falls back to their normal turquoise color. Sounds like there's some trail work going on to repair flood damage but it doesn't sound like anything major. I understand that the flood killed quite a few horses and it took a while for the tribe to remove the carcasses (I think they burned them, actually.)

The report did say that there were signs up advising everyone to treat all water.

robinmstl
Level Contributor
1 post
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: flooding issues

Plan on hiking there this Thursday, anyone hear any details on flooding or anything other info?

babesh
Level Contributor
3 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: flooding issues

I've dreamed of visiting this place for years! And finally have the opportunity to go, however, my conscience will not allow it after reading multiple reviews on tripadvisor relating to animal cruelty. I cannot participate or financially contribute to a group that mistreats animals.

Ann Arbor, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Grand Canyon National Park
Level Contributor
7,724 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: flooding issues

Carol, is there a travel or destination-related question implied in your post? Are you ASKING about other current travelers' experiences with regard to traveling in Havasupai lands? What "group" are you referring to, exactly?

babesh
Level Contributor
3 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: flooding issues

I am referring to the Havasupai treatment of their pack animals used to transport people and their belongings to the site. I don't have a question, I am just severely disappointed.

Santa Fe, New Mexico
Level Contributor
7,344 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: flooding issues

Dead post,dead animals,Their animals) ... You have obsessed on this issue here before ...now, please go away ... carracar

8. Re: flooding issues

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, January 01, 2015