We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sedona snow and trails

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona
Level Contributor
1,491 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
Sedona snow and trails

Howdy,

I've added some photos of the recent snow we've had here in Sedona. All were taken from Munds Wagon Trail in the Bear Wallow Canyon area which is more commonly known as Schnebly Hill.

I also have a few helmet cam videos that I took back in 2004 of some of the trails in Sedona. These videos will give a sense of what the trails are like in Sedona. Because they are delivered over the Internet they are not of the same quality that you would get on your TV.

There should be at least seven pictures but it takes awhile for Trip Advisor to post the pictures.

To view the photos and video just click on my local Expert Link to the left and you should go to my profile. Click on the Photo or Video tabs to view what I've uploaded.

Harleysville...
Destination Expert
for Fountain Hills
Level Contributor
5,089 posts
403 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sedona snow and trails

I saw 4 pictures and they are awesome. Will check back later.

I also watched your videos. They were very informative and helpful. It's neat you could do that from your helmut. Great job.

Chesapeake, VA
Destination Expert
for Virginia Beach
Level Contributor
3,867 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sedona snow and trails

I likewise appreciated the videos of the trails. Watching them made me wonder whether all trails are open to both bikers and pedestrians or if there are restrictions anywhere. Also, are all trails single trails or are there optional trails off the main?

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona
Level Contributor
1,491 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sedona snow and trails

Ya' know I got a message from Trip Advisor telling me that my additional pictures had been posted but they aren't there. I may have to try again.

I've posted another batch that should come through in a day or so that are just interesting rocks, animals, saucer shaped clouds; just fun Sedona stuff. I really like this feature in Trip Advisor that lets me post photos and videos so that I can give you all a visual of what I'm talking about!

In answer to the above question; not all trails are open to bikes and/or motor vehicles. We have many trails that go into pristine wilderness. I highly recommend these trails for hikers as they offer the most solitude and opportunities for wildlife sitings.

Wilderness trails:

Marges Draw

Wilson Canyon and Mountain which should be opeing in the Spring

Bear Mountain

Brins Mesa

Cibola Pass

Secret Canyon

Long Canyon

Vultuee Arch

and more......

Most of these trails are single track but some were old wagon routes that are now more narrow. Having said that, some of the multi-use trails don't have much bike traffic. By the way, the only place motorized vehicles are allowed are dirt roads. No motor cycles are allowed on single track trails unlike most of Colorado, Utah, and most National Forests in Arizona. We are so, so fortunate to have the Red Rock Ranger District!!!

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona
Level Contributor
1,491 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sedona snow and trails

OK, I just posted another video of a Jeep tour which I video taped from a helmet cam, (helmets are not required for the tour but since I found it easier to leave it mounted on my helment there you go.)

The photos are now showing up and I've just posted a few more of Fay Canyon, West Fork, and Telephone trail. All should be up and running in a day or so according to Trip Advisor.......

Glendale, Arizona
Level Contributor
1,703 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sedona snow and trails

Awesome photos and videos. Thanks for taking the time to post. It got pretty warm here today, over 80. Did all of your snow melt?

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona
Level Contributor
1,491 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sedona snow and trails

Oh, 80 degrees sounds sooooo nice. It was in the 60's here. I love to mt bike in the Phoenix/Mesa/Scottsdale area in the winter. But yes, the snow has melted here and I have no excuse to go down to your neck of the woods to have fun! It looks like we'll be in the 60's for the next week and Cottonwood will be in the 70's; slight chance of rain on Friday night. The skiiers are all bummed out but I'm exstatic! The trails are perfect for hiking and biking right now.

7. Re: Sedona snow and trails

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:17 am, August 27, 2009