We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Northern Light Balloon Expedition Ride

Winchester, VA
6 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Northern Light Balloon Expedition Ride

The above company offers a sunrise balloon ride. The ride lasts for 1 hr and the cost I believe is around $190. Red Rox, or anyone out there, can you suggest this trip? How high does the balloon go up, and how far do you journey? Again, is it worth the money? My wife and I have never been up on a balloon ride and want to try this...what do you think? I believe you go to Cottonwood for this ride. If you can't suggest this company, what about another? Thanks...

Chesapeake, VA
Destination Expert
for Virginia Beach
Level Contributor
3,868 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Northern Light Balloon Expedition Ride

I'm not an expert for this area, but a coworker used Northern Light and absolutely LOVED the crew and the experience. She said it is a must and every bit worth the fee. She noted the crew's experience, safety record, equipment, service, etc. which increased her confidence in riding in a balloon.

When I was looking online at the various companies, they all charge about the same, but only 2 companies (this one and one other) actually float over Sedona.

In my unexpert opinion, you've picked the right company.

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona
Level Contributor
1,491 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Northern Light Balloon Expedition Ride

I will second wendymath. Nothern Lights has been in business here longer than any other company and they are very ethical.

3. Re: Northern Light Balloon Expedition Ride

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:19 pm, August 24, 2009