We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Driving to Sedona--Road conditions/weather?

Minnesota
12 posts
Save Topic
Driving to Sedona--Road conditions/weather?

Hi,

We are planning a driving trip to Sedona from Minnesota. Since Flagstaff has gotten more snow than we have. I thought that I would ask -How are the conditions on I-40? The recent Avalanch in Colorado just has me thinking.

This is a great Site.

Thanks for all the information that you are all sharing. It really has helped me travel.

R

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
61,548 posts
245 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Driving to Sedona--Road conditions/weather?

I-40 is generally clear except during snow conditions. Duh! I know that sounds silly but the fact is, if you check the weather forecasts, it's usually pretty easy to know what conditions will be like for the next few days. If the forecast includes snowstorms on your driving day it may be wise to wait a day or just make sure that you have all the emergency provisions that are needed for surviving being stuck on the highway in a blizzard. I imagine that in Minnesota you stock your vehicle with those items in November and then unload them in the Spring.

2. Re: Driving to Sedona--Road conditions/weather?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:15 am, August 26, 2009