We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The Cowboy Club - Sedona

Yul
Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
101 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
The Cowboy Club - Sedona

I read in various posts that the The Cowboy Club would be a good place to eat. We are 6 (3 adults, 3 kids) and I don't want to break my budget on meals - how $$ is this restaurant ?

They also seem to have different dining rooms - any suggestions with kids?

Thanks

Tucson, Arizona
Level Contributor
4,129 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: The Cowboy Club - Sedona

It won't break the bank. And the food is great.

With kinds, you want the main Cowboy Club Dining Room. The Silver Saddle Room doesn't have a children's menu and I think also doesn't have burgers. I don't think kids are banned from there, but they are certainly discouraged.

There is also another room in back of the Cowboy Club. It is called "(something) at the Cowboy Club". We looked at the menu and didn't care for the selection (or the price).

I had the best steak in ages at the CC -- a medium rare ribeye.

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
63,556 posts
247 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: The Cowboy Club - Sedona

The whole family will love the Cowboy Club. The Silver Saddle Room and The Red Cabin (alternate dining rooms and menus) are more upscale and pricey. Meal prices at the Cowboy Club range from $10-$25.

Here's a tip on the best value in town for a casual lunch. Try Sedona Memories about a block up from the Cowboy Club on Jordan Rd. Huge home made sandwiches for $5.50 can be shared and will easily feed two hungry tourists. No place to sit indoors so if it's a cold day, do take out, and plan to do a picnic somewhere else or go back to your hotel.

mnta
Level Contributor
148 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: The Cowboy Club - Sedona

The CC gets absolutely packed at dinnertime and that means a line out the door onto the sidewalk. I suggest you make a reservation well in advance and still be prepared for a wait. Arrive about 15 mins in advance of your designated time - or more - to avoid having 3 hungry and restless kids asking, "When can we sit down?!"

If you have any time to get out of town suggest a drive to Jerome. Kids would love having a burger at the Haunted Burger and/or best steaks (with due respect to CC) are found at the Asylum restaurant.

Mentioned in this post
Jerome
Jerome
Arizona
Windsor, Canada
Level Contributor
293 posts
156 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: The Cowboy Club - Sedona

We had a 7:30 reservation at the CC on a Sunday night. The place was packed and running about 20 minutes behind on getting us a table. They gave us one of those flashing, vibrating, wireless notification gadgets so we were able to poke around the neighbouring shops until it went off (mile range they told us). Food was very good as was the service.

Sedona, AZ
Level Contributor
1,490 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: The Cowboy Club - Sedona

The Cowboy Club is very good but I think of it as more of an adult place. When you get here buy a copy of the local paper, the Red Rock News and look for the the discount coupons. for example, the Javalina Cantina $$ and Shugrues, two of the most popular restaraunts are offering 20% discounts on the entire bill including drinks! Makes Javalina really cheap and Shugrues very affordable! Javalina Cantina is fun for kids because there are all kinds of "Javalina" art. For those of you who don't know, a Javalina is a wild pig the lives in the forest here.

Western PA
Level Contributor
741 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: The Cowboy Club - Sedona

SedonaMTB, thanks for the newspaper tip - so many places, so little time....... :-)

7. Re: The Cowboy Club - Sedona

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:15 pm, August 27, 2009