We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sedona Wedding

Which Sedona hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Louisiana
8 posts
Save Topic
Sedona Wedding

My daughter wants to be married in Sedona and has left all wedding plans to me, the Mother of the bride. Please help me plan the greatest wedding of all for my only daughter. I have heard of a wedding being held in a riverbed. Does anyone know what this is about?

Sedona, AZ
10 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Sedona Wedding

Hello,

Sedona is a beautiful place for your daughter to get married. A place to consider is the Amara Resort and Spa as it sits right on Oak Creek.

Good luck in your plans.

Harleysville...
Destination Expert
for Fountain Hills
Level Contributor
4,930 posts
374 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sedona Wedding

There are a lot of very nice places to hold weddings in Sedona. Here is one link I have had saved.

http://www.weddingsinsedona.com/

Iqaluit, Nunavut
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Sedona Wedding

As the last person mentioned, there were many stunning views in and around Sedona.

Here's my opinion, based on our wedding in October 2006.

When people talk about Sedona, they actually mean the Sedona city and the Village of Oak Creek. Sedona, to me, was too touristy for a wedding and I wouldn't consider getting married at any spot in downtown. Downtown Sedona, near the Y, is like being in a major airport... trinket shops, too many people, and lots of stuff made in China. Highway 89A is just that- a highway. We were going to get married in West Sedona, near the Safeway, at a nice hotel with a nice garden. We both were extremely thankful that we changed our minds. It's on a highway!

From memory, the hotels and resorts in this area include: the Amara, Sedona Rouge, the Hyatt, and the Days Inn.

Oak Creek, on the other hand, is about a 20 minute drive south of the Y and it's lovely. There are stunning views in every direction, it's quiet and friendly.

We LOVED our wedding at the Adobe Village Graham Inn. The photos online don't do justice to the beauty of the site and the garden. I liked that it was a civilized location (my 79 year old grandmother didn't have to hike into the back country) yet still had the fantastic Sedona views. The Graham is in Oak Creek.

Almost all photographers will take wedding couples to Red Rock Crossing at Cathedral Rock. You'll likely see pictures. It's the place where a creek flows below views of Cathedral Rock. We took our own photographer and we scouted it out. It is NOT a private place, at any time of the day. There's also no guarantee that you'll get to enter the park, unless you book the pavillion online for $75. From the parking lot entrance, turn right until you get to the creek. There is a stone walkway (requires some balance) across the creek. Driving from the Graham to the Crossing took about an hour, because you have to go into Sedona, through the Y and back around. But, it was worth it, our photos are gorgeous. You might be talking about the crossing when you talk about the wedding being held in a riverbed. Weddings are allowed on this site, but as I mentioned, they're not private and you're not guaranteed to get everyone in unless you book the paviliion (which is on the parking lot).

Another nice area is the Oak Creek Canyon, northeast of the Y. The Canyon is green and lush. So, if you want red rock views, choose a different place.

Although I wouldn't choose a wedding ceremony location in Sedona's downtown, or along highway 89A, there are a lot of amenities. There is a Safeway, a Natural foods market, and lots of jewelers, restaurants, spas and hotels. The hike around the Airport Mesa is amazing.

Sedona is so beautiful and peaceful that we're planning to buy a vacation home there and eventually retire there. It'll be hard to go wrong with your plans.

Good luck!

4. Re: Sedona Wedding

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:18 am, August 21, 2009