We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

sedona in oct

Which Sedona hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Middleburg, Florida
Level Contributor
2 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
sedona in oct

going in a couple of weeks to sedona for a week stay what must i see and where are the good places to eat. also some dirt on the grand canynon where to go what to see

Phoenix Az
Level Contributor
387 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: sedona in oct

Good food, service, and prices on a budget you would want to try the Coffee Pot Restaurant. Another spot on a budget will be the restaurant at the airport in Sedona. The airport is on top of Table Top Mtn. and the view from the road going up there is elevated so you’ll see in all directions. The airport restaurant has good food, price and service on a budget.

Now if you want luxury you can try most any of the restaurants at the resorts, you’ll pay accordingly and the food isn’t always as good as I would like. Next – you can try most any of the restaurants at Tlaquepaque (an arts & crafts) shopping area. There are several restaurants in the shopping area and some hidden away behind the area in the time share resort. All have good food and I’ve enjoyed them without any problems.

Tucson, Arizona
Level Contributor
3,827 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: sedona in oct

Where are you staying in Sedona?

We stayed at Sky Ranch Lodge. Very nice, and gorgeous views from some of the rooms. And only a couple of minutes' walk to the Airport Cafe, which does have great breakfasts (we never made it there for lunch or dinner).

For eating, Dahl and DiLuca has very good Italian food (and great coffee). Shugrue's Hillside Cafe also has good food with a varied menu. I had my best steak in months at the Cowboy Club.

We had lunch at Javelina Cantina and thought the food was just OK.

For activities, visit Jerome. If you go early enough, you could spend a few hours, have an early lunch, then take the Verde Canyon Railroad trip (which leaves at 1:00PM). Very worthwhile.

We also very much enjoyed the Pink Jeep Broken Arrow tour. Also don't miss the chapel of the Holy Cross.

For the GC, we entered through the east entrance and had some spectacular views at Desert View and Grandview Vista. Here is a link to my photo album. The first several pictures are from those overlooks.

www.imagestation.com/album/pictures.html…

We didn't have time for this, but you might also want to stop along route 89 to see Wupatki Nat'l Monument and Sunset Crater.

We stayed at Kachina Lodge, right next to El Tovar and had an eraly dinner at El Tovar (disappointing) so we could take the shuttle to Hopi point to see the sunset. Unfortunately, it was overcast, so no sunset.

Next morning, I got up early to see sunrise at Mather Point. Very impressive. Then walked part way down Bright Angel Trail, but only to the second tunnel, since I had to get back to meet my wife for breakfast. Getting a view from below the rim is a completely different perspective.

Also took the shuttle to all of the overlooks west of the GC Village. You really get completely different views from each, even when they are less than a mile apart.

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona
Level Contributor
1,491 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: sedona in oct

Hello, It's always more helpful if you let us know what you are interested in doing here rather than just asking for scatter shot. There is simply so much to do it helps us tremendously if you are more specific.

Thanks!

Western PA
Level Contributor
723 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: sedona in oct

For Grand Canyon info., the Grand Canyon Forum has plenty of excellent information.

Here is a link to the main GC page, from which you can access the Forum, Loding info, Attractions, etc.

tripadvisor.com/Tourism-g143028-Grand_Canyon…

Enjoy your trip!

T2E :-)

5. Re: sedona in oct

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 am, August 23, 2009