We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Amara Creekside, Rouge, or somewhere else? With Toddler?

Which Sedona hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
huntsville AL
9 posts
Save Topic
Amara Creekside, Rouge, or somewhere else? With Toddler?

We are arriving in Phoenix and driving to Sedona on Wed. October 11 for three nights. We dont have a set itinerary, but we are very opiniated about where we stay. We dont want a hotel off the beaten path because we want to be able to get to food/activities very quickly and back.

We checked out the hilton but it seems far from town...and we want to be close. We also want something more upscale...VERY clean and well maintained without any tackiness. We get one vacation per year and want to make it count, so we are willing to pay a little more.

Having said all that, where should we stay with a well behaved but active toddler? The Amara rates are $50/nt more than the Rouge...

Which one is more suited to our needs or is there some place we are overlooking?

Phoenix Az
Level Contributor
387 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Amara Creekside, Rouge, or somewhere else? With Toddler?

I haven’t stayed at them, but I did google each and found that both are very nice. The google had reviews that sounded very good on both places. However the one thing that will make a difference is their locations. Amara is in the ol’ historic downtown Sedona with all the tourist shops. Everything is within walking distance of your stay. The Rouge is about a mile or so west of the historic downtown area.

All of this will depend on if you want to spend an extra $50 a night for the close stay to the downtown. Or if there are other things your agenda like hiking, sightseeing, horseback riding, etc. then you may as well stay at the Rouge. If you want to just relax and walk to shops in the downtown area the Amara is your best bet.

I believe that there is an old time trolley (made up that way) to help transport tourists and guests back and forth to the downtown area and around Sedona. However I don’t know for sure about this, maybe someone else could help on this point.

Don’t miss stopping at Tlaquepepaque for arts and crafts. You can spend hours there walking around outside and in. Also there are some good restaurants “hidden” away behind this area that are part of the “timeshare” resorts there.

http://www.sedonarouge.com/

http://www.amararesort.com/

2. Re: Amara Creekside, Rouge, or somewhere else? With Toddler?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:16 am, August 21, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Sedona