We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hot Air Balloon Trip

Manchester
Level Contributor
15 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Hot Air Balloon Trip

Hi,

Just wondered peoples opinions on who is the best tour operator for hot air balloon rides in Sedona?

Thanks

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona
Level Contributor
1,491 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hot Air Balloon Trip

Please choose a tour company that has a Outfitter Guide Permit from the Red Rock Ranger District.

Northern Lights and Red Rock Balloons. Please see other posts about unscrupulous guides that are not permitted.

Thornton, New...
Level Contributor
964 posts
170 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hot Air Balloon Trip

Wish I had searched on this forum before booking with Arizona Balloon Works. After over two months of trying to get our money back (unsuccessfully) we want to warn others. Long story -short, the owned charged our card before we even landed in AZ, claimed we made our reservation for a different day; when we tried to clear up the mix-up, he assured my husband the credit card hadn't been charged; a month later by phone he told us he'd refund the fee (never has), does not answer my calls, has not responed to a complaint I registered with the Sedona Chamber of Commerce (which by the way was how I found the link to this business in the first place!). I am now moving on to the Arizona Atty. General and the BBB.

Be sure to read previous postings and search on other travel review sites. Hopefully we can help others to avoid this scam.

Shame on Sedona for not taking action on their own CC site.

On a positive note - we did fly with Red Rocks - it was nothing short of exquisite from start to finish!!!!

3. Re: Hot Air Balloon Trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:22 am, August 21, 2009