We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Apple Orchard Inn, Quail Ridge Resort, Sedona lodging?

Which Sedona hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Kihei, HI
Level Contributor
502 posts
Save Topic
Apple Orchard Inn, Quail Ridge Resort, Sedona lodging?

We've never been to Sedona before, and are now planning 2 nights there in about a month. I'd like to spend about $150/night for a place that's romantic, and we'd also love a pool/jacuzzi. I would spend a little extra in order to not stay in a generity, utilitarian motel room. I'm finding that a lot of places are already booked up! Right now my top 2 contenders are:

1) Apple Orchard Inn, near Jordan Historical park. This place looks great and all the reviewers loved it, but all they have available is one of the premium rooms. I've never stayed in a place this nice and I'm sure it would be a memorable experience, but I'm trying to decide whether we want to fork out the $205/night or whether we might be just as happy someplace less expensive.

2) Quail Ridge Resort, located near Oak Creek Country Club. This place has efficiency studios for about $110. It's obviously not luxurious, more family oriented and rustic, but they do have a pool & jacuzzi and they get good reviews as well. Another plus is that the owner repsonded really fast to my e-mail and seemed very nice and accommodating.

Any input on these places? Should we splurge or go cheap? What about the locations, which one is better? Thanks!

Chicago, IL
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: Apple Orchard Inn, Quail Ridge Resort, Sedona lodging?

We were in Sedona recently checking out places to stay for our wedding next May. We looked at Quail Ridge Resort. The staff is extremely nice. The A-frame accomodations are old, 70's style, but sufficient. The other rooms in the place smell like mildew. There is construction going on as well, so you may want to look out for that, they are building a garden for weddings. They are also building new condo-like 2 br villas, and those are wonderful! Not sure when they'll be ready for occupancy though. Also, the view from the Quail Ridge Resort is priceless. If you're in it for the view, it's the place to go.

We did not look at Apple Orchard Inn.

Harleysville...
Destination Expert
for Fountain Hills
Level Contributor
4,858 posts
363 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Apple Orchard Inn, Quail Ridge Resort, Sedona lodging?

We have stayed at both. The Quail Ridge with our dog as they are very pet friendly. I would have preferred to have stayed in the A-frame units, but we were in the smaller motel like unit. The area is beautiful. Walking trail begins on property and there is a fantastic view of Bell Rock. The owners are wonderful people. That being said, I would not go back again unless I stayed in one of the larger units.

We stayed at Apple Orchard Inn one time and we found it just charming. My hubby is not a B&B type person, but did it for me and we were not disappointed. There were others that looked wonderful and are sometimes recommened on this board, but they are a little more expensive and I didn't want to push my luck, so I was happy with Apple Orchard.

Kihei, HI
Level Contributor
502 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Apple Orchard Inn, Quail Ridge Resort, Sedona lodging?

Ok, thanks for the input! I threw caution to the wind and booked the $205 room at the Apple Orchard Inn. It really does look lovely for a romantic getaway, and I think I would regret it if I cheaped out this time. But Quail Ridge does look great -- we'd definitely go there if traveling with a family.

Harleysville...
Destination Expert
for Fountain Hills
Level Contributor
4,858 posts
363 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Apple Orchard Inn, Quail Ridge Resort, Sedona lodging?

I think you are right, that Quail Ridge is a good place for families. I would have liked to have had some more of our family with us. One thing nice they have is a campfire circle every evening and all the guest can join in and participate.

Enjoy your time at Apple Orchard Inn.

5. Re: Apple Orchard Inn, Quail Ridge Resort, Sedona lodging?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:21 am, August 17, 2009