We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Question for SedonaMTB

Which Sedona hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Mesa, Arizona
Level Contributor
3,796 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Question for SedonaMTB

Don't know if you can help me out but you know the trails and back roads better than I do plus with the recent water damage I wanted to ask first.

I want to take my boyfriend on our quads some time this month in Sedona. I was thinking of either Shnibley Hill road or if you had some other spots that might be better and less crowded. Also feel free to email me. He's hardly been on one while I've been riding for quite a long time. I have some great topo maps and a gps uinit so if you can point me into the right direction I'd be most greatful.

Thanks

DragonFlyladyofarizona@hotmail.com

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona
Level Contributor
1,491 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Question for SedonaMTB

Hey DFL, I'll answer here as some others may benefit. I know the single track trails very well but not the quad or Jeep trails. We have been hit with water damage recently, i.e. trails become drainages as they are the fastest track for water over heavily vegetated areas. If you really want to ride in Sedona the roads out to Palatki (Dry Creek Road then onto 152C (and others) have lots to offer including stops to take a hike in Fay Canyon, Doe Mountain. and others. Great area. None of the ATV tour operators can go out there because all of the allocation for tour operators has been given to the Jeep tours.

Ya' know though. If I had an ATV I'd head to Stoneman Lake or over to Road 300 (Rim Road, dirt road) just above Strawberry, Pine, and Payson.

Schnebly Hill is OK once you get to the Vista and you can go off on some of the challenging 4X4 trails. But there is no access to the most interesting areas.

Hope this helps. If you narrow it down a little I could help more. So many beautiful places here just like Williams! Let me know.

Mesa, Arizona
Level Contributor
3,796 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Question for SedonaMTB

Thanks you're the best!

3. Re: Question for SedonaMTB

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:22 am, August 18, 2009