We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What to pack and how to dress

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
What to pack and how to dress

Hey! I'm blessed to be able to spend a week in Sedona during the first week in September. Just wondering what the "dress code" is for day/night. Also which types of footwear is best for traipsing around on the dry creek beds and in the vortex areas. Thanks in advance! Any other helpful input would be appreciated. I'm flying into Phoenix and driving up to Sedona.

Mesa, Arizona
Level Contributor
3,796 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What to pack and how to dress

hi and welcome

Foot wear is comfortable or hiking shoes if you are doing hiking. Dress code is casual but if you are going to a nice restraunt even nice jeans and a nice shirt will work its quite laid back here in Arizona, just come dressed for the most part :)

For the dry creek beds wear hiking shoes and I also like to bring an extra pair of tevas for when my feet get hot. Just a note for dry creek beds if its been raining in the area just be aware of flash floods that do happen but just be safe and have fun. If you are going out hiking just layer tank top light weight long sleeve ect. Also don't forget the sunscreen and to bring plenty of water/propel. Have one thing of water on you at all times and also leave one in the car even if its hot its still water. Its usually nice the first week of september though some times it can be a bit warm,.make sure to go up airport road and check out the views from the masonic lodge there.

www.visitsedona.com

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What to pack and how to dress

Dragonflylady, thank you so much for your response! I'm really looking forward to this trip and will definitely make sure to make the airport area one of my stops!