We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip Report (310-3/13)

Eagle Pass, Texas
Level Contributor
183 posts
87 reviews
Save Topic
Trip Report (310-3/13)

First thanks to Red Rox and CARCAR, both of you provided so much insight and helped me plan a great trip for my family. The Sedona area is so beautiful and the weather was outstanding, we'll be back. After a long drive we overnighted in Wilcox and stayed at the Holiday Inn Express (not recommended see review). We will probably drive the extra hour and half to stay in Tucson next time. We arrived in Sedona and kept marveling at the beauty. We stayed at the Enchantment Resort (highly recommended, see review). Basically the resort is VERY nice and the workers were extremely friendly. We did the six at six and the food was delicious. We did the Pink Jeep tour to the Grand Canyon Tuesday morning (highly recommended, see review). Our guide, Dennis, was outstanding. After a long drive it was great to have somebody drive for us and show us the sights. First he gave us a taste of the canyon. Words cannot describe how beautiful the canyon is. We stood there just marveling at the colors, formations and the vastness. We ate at the El Tovar Hotel (Recommended, see review) and stopped a few more places to view the canyon, each area was amazing. We ate at Subway in town right after the tour and like everybody else in town they were super friendly. On Wednesday we drove to Jerome (recommended, see review of Mile High Café) and ate at the Mile High Café and like everyplace else the food was delicious and the people were friendly. A quick tour of Jerome can be done in about 2 1/2 hours. There are a lot of little shops and museums. We then went to the Chapel of the Holy Cross (recommended for all denominations, see review). Being Catholics this was a special place for us. The church and the views of the town were amazing and very spiritual. Later that day we did the Broken Arrow Pink Jeep Tour (Recommended, see review). It was nice to view the sights from close up, especially since we didn't have time to hike. Our guide, I think his name is Jason, was friendly and extremely knowledgeable of the area. He recommended the Javelina Cantina as a place to eat so we went there for supper (recommended see review). We did shopping at the shops near the Pink Jeep Tour. My only regret is we did not have a chance to do any hiking. Thursday, unfortunately, it was time to leave. In hindsight the trip should have lasted one more day. Next time we will do hiking as a priority. On the way back we overnighted in El Paso at the El Paso Suites (Not anything special, see review). Again Sedona is such a beautiful place and the weather was amazing. Thanks again we will be back.

Mentioned in this post
Tucson
Tucson
Arizona
Enchantment Resort
Enchantment Resort
2,834 Reviews
Sedona, AZ
Jerome
Jerome
Arizona
Javelina Cantina
Javelina Cantina
2,230 Reviews
Sedona, AZ
Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
63,594 posts
247 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip Report (310-3/13)

Thanks for the report. Clearly, you planned it well and enjoyed yourselves. And thanks for reinforcing what I often say, "You need more time for Sedona. You can't understand it until you get there."

Uden, The...
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
60,942 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip Report (310-3/13)

Thanks for your TR. Enjoyed reading. Willcox we stayed at Best Western. Not that bad......

Mentioned in this post
Willcox
Willcox
Arizona
Sedona
Destination Expert
for Sedona
Level Contributor
3,372 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trip Report (310-3/13)

Thanks for the report. I like the activities you chose.. Regardless of what you do, it seems like it's never long enough.

Eagle Pass, Texas
Level Contributor
183 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Trip Report (310-3/13)

Thanks to everybody for reading my trip report. Hopefully, it will give some insight on what is available to do in the Sedona area.

5. Re: Trip Report (310-3/13)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:28 am, March 21, 2015