We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Pink Jeep Tour and why?? Also best time

Which Sedona hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
melbourne
Level Contributor
1,858 posts
103 reviews
Save Topic
Best Pink Jeep Tour and why?? Also best time

Hi all

couple from Australia flying into LA 27 March, and we are then driving to Phoenix for 3 days for some business

We will then drive onto Vegas for about 3 days before driving back to LA.

Upon doing some research, Ive read that Sedona is a great place to overnight from Phoenix to LV and further the Pink Jeep Tours are highly recommended

We have already done the GC before about 6 years ago, so wont be doing that again. We don't wish to do any parks and personal hiking etc. We do like to get some experience of the location we have been to however

So my question is, if we drive to Sedona for a night, with the intention of doing a Pink Jeep Tour , which tour is the best , and why? And also end march/early April, which times slots would be most ideal??

I was thinking if we drove into Sedona in the morning, and looked around and then booked an afternoon tour, then went to dinner, slept , we would then move onto Vegas the next day?

Your thoughts?

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
56,514 posts
225 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Pink Jeep Tour and why?? Also best time

Pink Jeep Broken Arrow is the top rated tour for many good reasons that you won't understand until you do it. You'll be sorry you aren't spending more time at Sedona. Those who stay for less than 3 nights generally report that they regret not planning more time and hoping that they can return someday.

melbourne
Level Contributor
1,858 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Pink Jeep Tour and why?? Also best time

Hi red rox

thanks, maybe we will stay 2 nights then :-)

Can you tell me the difference between the broken arrow and the broken arrow/scenic rim combo tour?

I looked on pink jeep website and came out with both. Not sure which is the one you are referring to and what the combo tour gives you in addition?

Thanks

Tucson, Arizona
Level Contributor
3,805 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Pink Jeep Tour and why?? Also best time

Ditto on Broken Arrow. We have done the Scenic Rim Tour separately. It takes you up Schnebly Hill Road. Personally, I think the combo tour would end up being a bit too much time in the jeep, just my personal opinion.

As for time of day, I would opt for the warmest part of the day, say around 2:00 or 3:00

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
56,514 posts
225 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best Pink Jeep Tour and why?? Also best time

As noted, the Scenic Rim add on takes you up Schnebley Hill Road about 4-5 miles. Given your short time at Sedona, I'd suggest adding it. You won't have time to get any better views than those from SHR. You might recognize many iconic scenes from the multiple western films that were shot up there.

Agreeing that the best time in Spring is early afternoon when it will be warmest.

Eau Claire...
Level Contributor
450 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best Pink Jeep Tour and why?? Also best time

We're staying 2 nights at the end of June at the Inn On Oak Creek. You're making me wish we could stay longer!! Its so nice to have you on this forum. We will be taking a lot of your advice! Thank you.

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
56,514 posts
225 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best Pink Jeep Tour and why?? Also best time

Thanks Lori. If you have other questions, post a new question. And try to find another night or two...

Peabody, MA
Level Contributor
80 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best Pink Jeep Tour and why?? Also best time

I am also interested in the Pink Jeep Tours when we visit the 3rd week in April. I am wondering what time you would suggest -- which I assume would depend on the weather at that time. I am reading so many wonderful posts about Sedona. We will be there for 8 days so I'm excited to see all Sedona has to offer! Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Linda

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
56,514 posts
225 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best Pink Jeep Tour and why?? Also best time

Linda do the tour early in your week. In April I'd go in the mid to late morning.

Peabody, MA
Level Contributor
80 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Best Pink Jeep Tour and why?? Also best time

Thank you!

Midlands
Level Contributor
1,105 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Best Pink Jeep Tour and why?? Also best time

Sorry to br boring, may I ask the same question please? We go june 2014 doing the 3 hour combo tour what time of day would be good? Love to take photos, last tour 5pm tia