We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sedona Lodging

Lafayette, Louisiana
Level Contributor
50 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Sedona Lodging

I have been researching the Sedona area but I am not quite sure the best location to stay. We are traveling as a couple in our late 40's. We would like a place within walking distance to restaurants and shops. We will be flying to Phoenix and renting a car. I would like a hotel or resort no more than $250 per night. We will be traveling in June or July. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. We will also be traveling to the Grand Canyon for a nights stay. Is there any special towns we should visit on the drive from Sedona to the Grand Canyon?

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
59,722 posts
242 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sedona Lodging

Choose a place near or in Uptown Sedona if you want to walk to shops and tourist services. Look at BWAR, Matterhorn, Los Abrigados for starters. Understand that you will use your car though everyday to get to the attractions that are Sedona. In the long run it doesn't natter where you sleep in Sedona. Focus more on how you'll spend your days, away from your hotel.

Book an overnight stay at the Grand Canyon National Park. www.grandcanyonlodges.com

Uden, The...
Level Contributor
60,942 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sedona Lodging

We often recommend to enter Grand Canyon NP from Sedona via us89 to Cameron and enter GC from its east side. On the way you'll find places like Walnut Canyon, Sunset Crater Volcano, Wuoatki and Cameron Trading Post.

Lafayette, Louisiana
Level Contributor
50 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sedona Lodging

You have given me advice to stay at either the Matterhorn or the Best Western because I want close to shops and restaurants. BW is kind of pricey and Matterhorn seems old. The Inn on Oak Creek has good reviews but I am not sure of its location. I value your expertise. Can you give me your opinion of the Inn on Oak Creek?

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
59,722 posts
242 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sedona Lodging

Inn on Oak Creek is a B&B. I can't imagine that it will be less expensive than Matterhorn. The location on 179 makes it walkable to Tlaquepaque and Hillside Shops.

Level Contributor
5 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sedona Lodging

The Matterhorn is much nicer inside than it looks outside.

Uden, The...
Level Contributor
60,942 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sedona Lodging

I agree with Thelma. Great location and comfortable.

Level Contributor
9 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sedona Lodging

While the forum is not a place to plug ones own business, I want to correct one simple thing that was stated here. As the new owners of the Inn On Oak Creek since August, we took a former B&B and turned it into more of a boutique Inn...no more hot breakfast and we cut the rates significantly lower than what they were in the past.

Please please please do not take my post as a plug...I promise you that is not the case! I just wanted to make a correction so future readers of this would not be mistaken.

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
59,722 posts
242 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Sedona Lodging

Thanks for the update and correction jsromine

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
824 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Sedona Lodging

We have just swapped from BW plus to Inn On The Creek for our trip in September and were amazed at the pricing. Not just that, Spence, the owner came back to be on email so quickly so great first impressions :-)

Am already looking forward to it

Anne

10. Re: Sedona Lodging

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, March 28, 2015