We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sedona Resports & Spas

Kansas City...
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Sedona Resports & Spas

Hello-

I am planning a trip for my daughters college graduation and am considering taking her to Sedona. She loves spas and loves the outdoors. I am coming in mid May, and am very limited on my planning time. I am going to spend a few days reading the threads, but would some help if you have time.

I would like to stay at a nice resort, condo or hotel, that has a nice swimming pool, exercise room. I have looked at Amara Resort & Spa, but that would be on the high end of my budget. Is there anything else that is similar to this but not as costly?

As far as a spa, I have considered Amara Resort spa & Willow Stream The Spa at The Fairmont (which I know is in Scottsdale).

I really don't want to do a lot of driving. Ideally, we would spend 3 days in Sedona laying at the pool, hiking and a day at the spa and then spend one day driving to see the Grand Canyon.

And lastly, suggestion on transportation. We will probably fly into Flagstaff. Necessary to rent a car?

Thank you greatly for your time,

Jackie (proud momma of a graduate:)

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
58,310 posts
231 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sedona Resports & Spas

Sedona could be the perfect destination for you, but you will need to rent a car. I'd also advise flying into Phoenix rather than Flagstaff. You'll save time and money.

Look at Sedona Rouge as a hotel spa option, as well as the Hilton. There are several day spas in Sedona too, so depending on the spa services you have in mind, you might want to choose a less costly hotel without a spa on site.

Sedona is a great place to relax, but you might want to do so in a way other than laying by your pool. That's a waste of time in Sedona IMO

A day trip to the Grand Canyon National Park is easy enough, but an over night stay is even better. You need to call Xanterra soon though for lodging there. 888-297-2757

2. Re: Sedona Resports & Spas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, February 24, 2015