We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sedona Area with Kids

South Pole
Level Contributor
51 posts
55 reviews
Save Topic
Sedona Area with Kids

Hi - looking for some advice please! We are bringing our three kids out to Sedona/Cottonwood in early April to visit my Dad who recently moved there. The kids are 12, 8 and just turned 7. What would you recommend as the best things to do with them? We will be getting to Sedona from PHX so we will be driving to and from there.

Thanks.

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
64,731 posts
248 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Sedona Area with Kids

The drive to Page takes 3 hours. Why drive for 6 hours to spend just 2-3 at a destination that deserves 1-3 days at a minimum? What do you think you want to do at Page before you turn around and make the drive back?

The Grand Canyon National Park from Sedona is a full day trip and better if you stay there over night. Page is twice as far away. If you really want to see both, book a night at the Grand Canyon National Park and a night at Page, and do it as a 3 day 2 night trip.

Arry, if you have other questions, post them by starting a new thread. This one belongs to Kelly, and your topic is different than the original post.

Brooklyn, New York
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
12. Re: Sedona Area with Kids

I started a new thread already! Thanks for your advice!

South Pole
Level Contributor
51 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Sedona Area with Kids

Ok, next question...seeing as we will put Page off until another trip...

1. Any where to ride horses that's worth it?

2. What ruins would you suggest closer to Sedona?

3. Bonus question...where do husband and I go one night for dinner while grandma and grandpa hang out with the kids?!?

:)

Sedona
Destination Expert
for Sedona
Level Contributor
3,380 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Sedona Area with Kids

I suggest a new post.

15. Re: Sedona Area with Kids

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, March 03, 2015