We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need some help with planning (and eating)

Dallas, TX
Level Contributor
53 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Need some help with planning (and eating)

Hi! My friend and I (two women, mid 30's) heading to Sedona in about 6 weeks. We'll fly into Phoenix on a Thursday (land about 1030 am) and leave Sunday late afternoon.

Was thinking of getting our car and driving to Sedona stopping for lunch along the way (suggestions?). After that, maybe get our red rock pass and then hike Bell Rock (1 hour or so?) before checking into our hotel around 4 or 5 pm (before it gets too dark). We just booked at the Inn on Oak Creek. That's as far as I've gotten :-)

That leave us Thursday evening for a good meal and all day Fri, Sat, and half day Sunday to explore. We definitely want to do a Jeep tour and some hiking. Which trails do you recommend? Maybe 3 hours of hiking each day (friday and saturday?)

We love good food, good wine, good beer, good coffee, good views. Not necessarily in that order!

Any suggestions would be most welcome! Thanks!

M Diamond Ranch
Sightseeing Tours
Sedona Sacred Earth
Nature & Wildlife Tours, Sightseeing Tours
Great West Tours
Sightseeing Tours, Day Trips
Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
61,402 posts
244 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need some help with planning (and eating)

A most popular stop for lunch once you get beyond the boundaries of PHX is the Rock Springs Cafe at exit 242 off I-17. They serve comfort food in a charming old west setting and amazing pies for dessert. From there you'll be about an hour away from Sedona.

Stop at the Red Rock Ranger Station on 179 as you approach Sedona to pick up your Red Rock Pass and to get the best advice on where to hike. Next stop should be Bell Rock. Turn off 179 after you pass Bell Rock at the Courthouse Butte trailhead. Park there and go wandering on the rock and explore the paths nearby. Make one more stop at Chapel of the Holy Cross before proceeding to your B&B.

For dinners I recommend Elote Cafe, (you can walk there from Inn on Oak Creek), Harry's Hideaway in Cornville and either Cucina Rustica in VOC or the School House in Cottonwood.

Plan to hike to Devils Bridge on one day. Spend time at Red Rock Crossing. Prebook your Pink Jeep tour on the Broken Arrow trail. It does sell out.

Dallas, TX
Level Contributor
53 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need some help with planning (and eating)

This sounds great! Thanks!

Chicago
Destination Expert
for Pompano Beach
Level Contributor
4,426 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Need some help with planning (and eating)

Good beer at Oak Creek Brewery and Grill. Ask about the seasonal brews that aren't always on the menu.

4. Re: Need some help with planning (and eating)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, January 07, 2015