Just wanted to get some advice from the wonderful experts on this forum. We are headed to Sedona next July with our 2 kids (age 13 and 17). DH and I have been here before but it has been 15 years and kids have never been. We plan to fly into PHX, head to Sedona, Grand Canyon and then on to Anaheim, CA. My current itinerary looks like this;
- Arrive in PHX late morning and head to Sedona
- Check in at Best Western Plus Inn for 2 nights
- Chapel of Holy Cross - can we fit this in on day one?
- early am Broken Arrow PJ tour
- Slide Rock Park - is this place doable arriving mid-day in the summer? This is a must do for our kids.
- Devil's Bridge - we won't have 4x4 - will kids make the long hike from parking lot? I would really like do this hike but maybe we should do another one?
- Planning to head to GCNP late afternoon - BA Cabins - 2 nights
- Explore GCNP
- Long drive to Anaheim
Anything else we can/should fit in to the Sedona trip?
Should we stay 3 nights in Sedona and only one night in GCNP? This would mean a 2 hour morning drive on Day 4 followed by a long day touring GCNP. But, we could finish up GC in the morning of Day 5 before heading to Anaheim. We can't stay another day in the area.
Thanks in advance for the suggestions. I have been reading through the forum and you guys are so helpful!