We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just Sedona or Sedona and GCNP

Oregon
Level Contributor
28 posts
170 reviews
Save Topic
Just Sedona or Sedona and GCNP

I'm torn because my husband and I had planned to leave next Friday, head to Sedona, spend the night, spend most of Saturday in Sedona and then head to GCNP spend the night there and then head back to Phoenix on Sunday. I realize it's a lot in a short period of time but it is what we have. With the possibility of snow this weekend and and cold temps throughout the week I'm wondering if we should reconsider. I'm torn because going to Sedona and only being two hours from GCNP seems like a lost opportunity so I'm interested in other's opinions. Any suggestions on whether we go with our original plan or just spend time in Sedona?

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
58,815 posts
236 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Just Sedona or Sedona and GCNP

With your limited time you'll only get a taste of where ever you go. Neither destination can be fully experienced in less than a full day, and that's what you're proposing. Some time though, is better than none.

Do you have reservations at the Grand Canyon National Park? If not, I'd get busy and confirm lodging there ASAP. Then just see what the weather brings. I wouldn't let cold temperatures and snow on the ground scare you away from the GC. However, if there's an active storm next weekend then I'd stay in Sedona. Don't attempt to drive to the GC if snow is falling. I did a couple of weeks ago and had to turn around at Flagstaff.

No matter what, I guarantee you'll want to come back for a longer stay.

2. Re: Just Sedona or Sedona and GCNP

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, December 09, 2014