We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pink Jeep Tours

Louisville, KY
7 posts
Save Topic
Pink Jeep Tours

We are planning a trip to AZ this August. Does anyone have any input as to which pink jeep tours are the best? We want to try one or two or maybe a combination. Or is this too much? We were also interested in the balloon ride. Would be very appreciative of any info anyone has on this. Thank you.

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona
Level Contributor
1,491 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Pink Jeep Tours

Well, we in the tourism industry call it "interpretive" information, that is history, ecology, geology. The abosolute best tours you could get here in town is at Red Rock State Park for the free Ranger led tours. Check their schedule.

pr.state.az.us/Parks/parkhtml/redrock.html

I would also recommend the Sedona Heritage Museum.

http://www.sedonamuseum.org/

Oh and the best ruins are also have ranger led programs. Both of the following archaeological site are the best in the Sedona area and totally out of access of the Jeep companies. All you need is a Red Rock Pass: different fees depending on how many days you want access: 5/10/15/20

redrockcountry.org/recreation/…v-bar-v.shtml

fs.fed.us/r3/…palatki-ruins.shtml

All of these sites are open to the public for a very a very nominal fee. And perhaps you will get more accurate information!

Rural Valley, PA
Level Contributor
1,256 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Pink Jeep Tours

my husband does NOT do coasters and is afraid of heights. We did the Broken Arrow tour and he LOVED it. It is fun, exciting, adventurous, everything you can imagine except scary. You'll love it!

Alexandria, VA
4 posts
Save Reply
23. Re: Pink Jeep Tours

I just got back from AZ last night and did the pink jeep tour while in Sedona. I HIGHLY recommend it! It was probably the most fun that we had on our entire trip! Andrea, our guide, was amazing. Her knowledge of the geology and ecology of the area (as well as her sense of humor) made our trip GREAT! Just like the ads say, You gotta do it!!

Enjoy!

Nottingham
Level Contributor
47 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: Pink Jeep Tours

Broken arrow tour. The 2 hours just flys by. Great fun.

Louisville, KY
7 posts
Save Reply
25. Re: Pink Jeep Tours

WOW!

We just got back from our vacation in AZ. It was wonderful and all of you information was very helpful. We absolutely loved the Pink Jeep Broken Arrow tour. It was not scary at all and a lot of fun. Our guide was great, his name was Jessie. Gave us a lot of historical info as well as interesting geology and plant facts.

We also got a Red Rock Pass, which allowed us access to a lot of great hiking trails and points of interest.

We had rented a jeep and were able to go on the Sneadley Hill Road (might be mis-spelled), which is unpaved and bumpy but offers great views. I would recommend this.

I would also recommend The Sedona Motel for lodging. Nice, clean and quaint. Good prices and the staff is very helpful in recommending points of interest.

Didn't get to do the balloon ride as it was a bit too expensive.

Thanks all for your great information. It was essential to our trip. We had a great time!

Sedona, Arizona
Level Contributor
12 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
26. Re: Pink Jeep Tours

Pink Jeep treats the forest like an amusement park. Great trip if you want to get knocked around. If you want info AND a jeep ride, try Red Rock jeeps, or Day in the West.

Sedona, Arizona
Level Contributor
12 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
27. Re: Pink Jeep Tours

Pink Jeep treats the forest like an amusement park. Great trip if you want to get knocked around. If you want info AND a jeep ride, try Red Rock jeeps, or Day in the West.

28. Re: Pink Jeep Tours

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:19 pm, August 13, 2009