We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Itinerary suggestions Las Vegas, Sedona, GCNP, Page?

Cumming, Georgia
Level Contributor
87 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Itinerary suggestions Las Vegas, Sedona, GCNP, Page?

Here's our tentative plan for September 2014:

We'll have two weeks.

Fly in to Las Vegas, pick up rental car

Drive to Sedona via Oatman, Kingman, (Old Route 66) Seligman Route 66 & I-40 (About what time would we have to leave the airport to make some stops and arrive in Sedona before sunset? Maybe spend the night in LV and leave early the next day?)

Sedona for 6 nights--confirmed res

Drive to GCNP via Sunset Crater, Wupatki NM, Cameron, Desert View Drive

One night Bright Angel Rim Cabin (confirmed res.)

Hike South Kaibab to Phantom Ranch (confirmed res)

Hike out Bright Angel-- one night at El Tovar (confirmed res)

Drive to Page ...River Discovery at 1PM;-- one night Lake Powell Motel

Horseshoe Bend (early), Upper Antelope Canyon(mid-morning), drive to North Rim --one night Grand Canyon Lodge (confirmed res)

Drive to Las Vegas for a couple of nights (mainly to rest.. lol) and fly home --It's tempting to stop by Bryce and/or Zion, but I think they will have to wait until another time.

Thank you for any input, and thanks for all the useful information you have already given!

BB

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
61,548 posts
245 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Itinerary suggestions Las Vegas, Sedona, GCNP, Page?

Good plan. The drive from LV to Sedona via Oatman and other stops will require most of a day. Might be better to spend the first night in LV and leave early the next morning for the detoured route to Sedona. You're shorting the NR. Your plan for the morning, plus the drive there will give you little time to see much of anything there. I'd go via Zion and spend the night in Springdale instead.

Cumming, Georgia
Level Contributor
87 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Itinerary suggestions Las Vegas, Sedona, GCNP, Page?

Thank you, RedRox. I will do some more research about Zion.

Uden, The...
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
60,942 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Itinerary suggestions Las Vegas, Sedona, GCNP, Page?

Agree with RedRox. After your adventures at SR I don't see the point of spending just one night at NR. Zion will make a great addition. From Vegas to Sedona via the mentioned route and stops easily can take 8 hours.

Cumming, Georgia
Level Contributor
87 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Itinerary suggestions Las Vegas, Sedona, GCNP, Page?

Thanks Tet14.

After looking at the map again, I agree Zion will be a better stop, especially since we won't be leaving Page until after noon. Also, we want to enjoy the journey between LV and Sedona. If we feel rushed, it would take the fun and the spontaneity out of it. Staying over in LV with an earlier start will be a better plan.

So glad I asked the question. Thank you for the helpful advice.

BB

Uden, The...
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
60,942 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Itinerary suggestions Las Vegas, Sedona, GCNP, Page?

You're welcome. Have a great trip and maybe we expect a tripreport after your return.

6. Re: Itinerary suggestions Las Vegas, Sedona, GCNP, Page?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, October 25, 2014