We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Itinerary for this week.

Royersford...
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Topic
Itinerary for this week.

Hello! We are headed to Sedona for a Ladies long weekend. We are arriving in Phx on Wed. and driving to Sedona. I have the drive to Sedona outlined here on Tripadvisor and we plan to stop at Bell Rock and the the Holy Cross. Hopefully we'll have enough time, because we don't leave Phoenix until approx. 3pm. We are staying at the Best Western Arroyo villas. We will leave Sedona early Sunday morning. I have a Broken Arrow tour planned for Thursday late morning.

I am having a hard time figuring out what is good to schedule together, we have 3 days. We want to go to Airport Mesa for sunset, drive Oak Creek canyon and Red Rock Loop Rd. Also visit Tlaquepaque Village. Restaurants we want to try are Dahl Deluca, Elote and Cucina Rustica. We also need to fit in some easy hikes, but we may need to wait until we get there to figure out which ones. Can anyone give us some help to sort things out? Thanks in advance for your help.

Tucson, Arizona
Level Contributor
3,910 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Itinerary for this week.

If you don't leave Phoenix until 3 PM, I would suggest you head straight to your hotel and save Bell Rock and the Chapel for another day.

Dahl & DiLuca and Cucina Rustica are sister restaurants and the menus have a lot in common. Since you are staying in uptown, I would suggest dropping CR and adding the Cowboy Club Silver Saddle Room.

As Redrox always says, there are 3 main areas -- uptown Sedona and points north, West Sedona area, and the area south of the "Y". Bell Rock and the Chapel are south, and the Bell Rock pathways is an east hike. If you want something a little longer, hike around, or part way around, Courthouse Butte.

Oak Creek Canyon is north of uptown, so whenever you have time, fit that in.

Airport Mesa and Red Rock Loop Road are in the West Sedona area, so those can be done together, along with Red Rock Crossing.

Royersford...
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Itinerary for this week.

Thanks!

Richmond, Virginia
Level Contributor
9 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Itinerary for this week.

I am visiting during the same time frame. In regard to the restaurants listed above, do I need to make reservations this week before traveling next week? I don't have any definite days planned out as I want to see how each day unfolds and take it from there. We will be driving to the GC one day and a day trip to Jerome. Its our 25th anniversary and we are just looking for a relaxing trip. Going to be in Sedona 5 days.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
1,096 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Itinerary for this week.

Hi gmworm!

Regarding the restaurants mentioned above, reservations are recommended by TA members in many of their reviews about each of them. The exception is Elote Café which will not take reservations from most visitors. Expect to wait at least 1 hour. It's part of the "charm"! LOL!

Richmond, Virginia
Level Contributor
9 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Itinerary for this week.

Thanks for the reply. I figured I needed a reservation but was just trying to figure out how much in advance I needed to do it. Since I don't have all my days planned out, I was thinking of waiting until I get there on Sunday and get a feel for the place and proceed from there. Maybe I'll just go ahead and make reservations for a few of the nights before I leave. And I do know about Elote, no problem with waiting and having a drink or 2.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
1,096 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Itinerary for this week.

I make reservations that day since I visit Sedona in early November and all the tourists have gone home and put their kiddies back in school. I call it the "soft" season. Saturday night might be the only exception where planning a few days ahead might be a good idea but I doubt if even that is necessary for an early November date.

This is, of course, not to say that some activities can and will ruin your plan, even if you have made a reservation well in advance. Business meetings, church groups, tourist groups, etc. can all book out these popular places, leaving you out in the November cold or at the bar waiting and waiting!

So, I suggest, always have a Plan B, or, should I call it, a Plan P, meaning Pizza! It might be just the Sedona environment's effect on my taste buds, but I find that pizza in Sedona is great.

Happy travels.

7. Re: Itinerary for this week.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:20 am, September 27, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Sedona