We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best short hikes for photography

Lincoln, NE
Destination Expert
for Lincoln
Level Contributor
671 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Best short hikes for photography

We have read forums and forums and the more we read the more confused we become. Since some of us can't hike, the other ones are very understanding and just do short hikes. On longer hikes, they sometimes turn around, but sometimes the beauty is at the end. Is Boynton Canyon one of these? Would like the names of some short hikes for photo ops. about 3-4 miles or shorter. For sunset, we plan on going to Airport Mesa,. Since we are staying in the village of Oak Creek, will it be difficult to return there after dark? Thank you for any assistance!

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
188 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Best short hikes for photography

I've been watching this thread as we are heading to Sedona for the first time next week. :) I've looked for it, but can't find where Westfork is or how to get there.

Can someone give me some input on this?? :)

Thanks!!!

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
58,215 posts
231 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Best short hikes for photography

West Fork aka Call of the Canyon park is on 89A approximately 8-10 miles north of Uptown Sedona. It will be on the left as you head north, about a mile past Don Hoel's.

Stop at the Red Rock Ranger station on 179 in Village of Oakcreek for maps and advice.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
188 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Best short hikes for photography

Will do! and thanks for the quick reply!! :)

14. Re: Best short hikes for photography

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, January 07, 2015