We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Some questions regarding Enchantment Resort

Which Sedona hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
nj
Level Contributor
311 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
Some questions regarding Enchantment Resort

Several people have described problems with cell service at the enchantment resort. Do you know if I will be able to use my Nook to read or am I better off just getting books? Also, what are some fun things to do outside, but less than one hour, away from resort? What are your recommendations for best areas for shopping, browsing art work, restaurants, etc.? We will golf at 7 canyons and take part in some of the resorts activities. From what I've read we should always try to be back at resort by dark-what time does it get dark at the end of August?

Thank you very much!

Huntingdon Valley...
Level Contributor
248 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Some questions regarding Enchantment Resort

Enchantment is certainly in a spectacular setting but, yes, cell service can be "iffy". I have Verizon and that is hit and miss depending where you are standing at any given time. As to your Nook, I haven't used that device but have had many Kindle types. I am assuming they are similar enough for these comments: The beauty of an eReader is the ability to download hundreds of books BEFORE you travel. You don't need active cell service, or wireless for that matter, to actually read any of the books you have downloaded. That being said, I am assuming that your Nook has wifi capability along with the cellular capability if, for some reason you need to be online to use the device. You should have that at Enchantment. (if these comments don't pertain to the Nook, my apologies)

As for sunset time, I am sure RedRox or SedonaNanny could give you an exact time as they live there. To give you an idea of the timing and to get you excited for your trip, I would recommend watching www.sedonawebcam.com. It is a live rotating webcam set up on Airport Mesa. I just watched a beautiful sunrise at 6:15 local time this morning.

Arizona
Destination Expert
for Scottsdale
Level Contributor
4,501 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Some questions regarding Enchantment Resort

Look at Tlaquepaque for beautiful artisan shops, restaurants and galleries.

nj
Level Contributor
311 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Some questions regarding Enchantment Resort

Thank you I will down load books before I leave. Do you have any recommendations for activities as well? It will be my husband and myself and we will be there for about a week. We will take advantage of resort activities, golf and a Grand Canyon trip any other recommendations are appreciated.

Arizona
Destination Expert
for Scottsdale
Level Contributor
4,501 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Some questions regarding Enchantment Resort

The historical mining town of Jerome is a fascinating day trip from Sedona.

Huntingdon Valley...
Level Contributor
248 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Some questions regarding Enchantment Resort

There are lots of recommendations throughout this Forum. It is a pretty active group of good folks. There are a few links on the right including the "What to do in 3 Days in Sedona" one with good suggestions. One of the most highly recommended activity is a Pink Jeep Broken Arrow tour. This is pretty much a "must do" and you should do it early in your trip to get a great overview of the area. Certainly seeing the Chapel is also up there along with a leisurely drive up Oak Creek Canyon. I am sure some of the Forum's Destination Experts will chime in with other ideas.

Hiking is one of the great activities around Sedona. My wife and I were never "hikers" before going there but now we try to do at least one, if not more, with each visit. You don't have to be hard core or particularly athletic. Just enjoy being outdoors. There is a great, shaded, flat, easy, short hike very close to Enchantment we just did last month, called Fay Canyon.

You mentioned Galleries before and I agree with the comment about Tlaquepaque. We also like some of the galleries "South of the Y" on Rte. 179. Exposures Gallery is huge, impressive and a favorite. Closer to Enchantment is Goldenstein's Gallery. She just moved from a larger location right in Uptown. As you turn onto Dry Creek Rd (the route you take to Enchantment) off of 89A it is right on the right side. If you are lucky when you are there you may see a cute crayon or pencil drawing by her young granddaughter hung proudly right next to major works...complete with a price tag!

nj
Level Contributor
311 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Some questions regarding Enchantment Resort

Thanks to everyone for your help. I am really looking forward to our trip. I will report back after we return.

7. Re: Some questions regarding Enchantment Resort

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:19 am, August 20, 2014