We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel Location Options

North Carolina
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Topic
Hotel Location Options

Have done alot of reading and research on hotel choices.am a liitle overwhelmed with the options....even though I've read "being there" is all that matters....I need to narrow the choices down. Looks like 3 basic areas to choose from "north", "west", and "south" on 179.....I would like to be within walking distance to a good breakfast spot, an easy drive or walk to good restaurants and interesting shops. Would consider a balcony with great views essential...prefer a hotel over resort or B&B.....does not have to be "romantic"....nicer than a "roadside motel" but not as fancy as a full fledged resort. A Sat/Sun/Mon night stay in late August 2014-if that matters!

Any help with best location based on my parameters would be great---2 or 3 options to lookat would be even better.

Tucson, Arizona
Level Contributor
4,129 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel Location Options

Based on your parameters, something in uptown (northeast of the "Y") would probably be best. I haven't stayed in any of the hotels there, so others will be able to help. But Best Western Arroyo Roble would fit the bill.

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
63,636 posts
247 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel Location Options

Read the Top Questions about Sedona. There are 3 major business centers, VOC, Uptown and West Sedona. All have accommodations and all have eateries. The hub of tourist activity is in Uptown. That's probably the best for you. However, I'll stress that while you will be able to walk to breakfast, you'll probably choose to drive to a better breakfast option. CoffeePot is the most popular place in Sedona (West Sedona to be exact) for breakfast and nobody walks there. You'll use your car everyday for other activities too, regardless of where you stay. Finally, don't fret about a view from your room. Views are everywhere around Sedona from the moment you step outside. If you're hanging around your room to see a view, you're wasting valuable time in Sedona. If you happen to have a view from your room, consider it a bonus. But for the best time in your short three days in Sedona, minimize the time you spend at your hotel room.

3. Re: Hotel Location Options

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, August 18, 2014