We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

3 day itinerary Sept 12-15

Livonia, Michigan
Level Contributor
194 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
3 day itinerary Sept 12-15

My husband and I are coming out for our anniversary. Some ideas we're playing with are:

--wine tour where we can be driven around to a handful of wineries over the course of several hours

--horseback riding

--I believe there is a Mexican festival going on while we're there?

--I read about a place that rents tubes to cruise a lazy river

--hiking on our own

--farmers market

We're not interested in doing any guided tours aside from the wineries. Any tips on vendors for the wine tour and horseback riding or info/opinions on the above would be appreciated!

M Diamond Ranch
Sightseeing Tours
Sedona Sacred Earth
Sightseeing Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours
Great West Tours
Sightseeing Tours, Day Trips
Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
60,833 posts
244 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 3 day itinerary Sept 12-15

You don't need to do guided tours at Sedona although a jeep tour is the most popular activity in Sedona. I recommend it as a way to get introduced to the spirit of the region.

Horseback rides will be nose to tail guided tours and away from the red rock beauty that you want to see. Wine tours also leave Sedona mostly to Page Springs and Camp Verde.

What you need to focus on is time in Sedona. Don't fret about being involved in special activities every day. You only have three. Let Sedona envelop you. Relax and go where you feel drawn

Livonia, Michigan
Level Contributor
194 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 3 day itinerary Sept 12-15

Thanks for the response. I was under the impression there are good wineries in Sedona itself, is that incorrect?

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
60,833 posts
244 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 3 day itinerary Sept 12-15

There are no wineries in Sedona. There are several nearby that attempt to capitalize on the Sedona name, but the closest is about 20 miles away. Don't get me wrong. Local wines are very good and you can find them at just about all of the better eateries in Sedona. But to take a half day or more of your short time, to leave Sedona to get pressured to buy large quantities of wine is not how I would advise you to spend your anniversary vacation. I'd put wine touring on about day 6 of a week long vacation. Save it for when you come back again.

Sedona, Arizona
Level Contributor
449 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 3 day itinerary Sept 12-15

Here is a link to the wineries. http://www.vvwinetrail.com/. They are all outside of Sedona, but then you get a chance to see the area around Sedona.

5. Re: 3 day itinerary Sept 12-15

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 am, August 17, 2014