We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Location, location, location!

England
Level Contributor
73 posts
47 reviews
Save Topic
Location, location, location!

I apologise if this has been covered before (have read back quite a way but not found the answer).

I am a Brit planning a first trip to Sedona and would like to stay around the "Y" which I gather is the centre - the object being to walk everywhere unless going to Jerome, for instance. I have been looking up hotels on the Expedia map but not finding it terribly helpful. Could you please let me have some hotel names that I can concentrate on which are centrally located (if they take smokers too that would be a bonus). I am planning on coming in October.

Thanks in advance

Mentioned in this post
Jerome
Jerome
Arizona
Arlington, VA
Level Contributor
14 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Location, location, location!

The Hyatt is right at the Y. Unfortunately, not a whole lot is walking distance in the Sedona area. You could walk to uptown from the Hyatt (although it's a fairly long hilly walk), but not much else. Jerome is a 25-30 minute drive (Cottonwood is 20 minutes). Oak Creek canyon is quite a walk. You couldn't really walk to Bell Rock, or too many of the great hikes. Plan on driving!

Mentioned in this post
Jerome
Jerome
Arizona
Bell Rock
Bell Rock
3,934 Reviews
Sedona, AZ
Windsor, Canada
Level Contributor
293 posts
156 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Location, location, location!

Both the Matterhorn and Best Western Arroyo are within walking distance of downtown I think. They are also rated #2 and 3 on this site.

Sedona, AZ
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Location, location, location!

If you want to stay at the "Y", Los Abrigados Resort and Spa, Los Abrigados Lodge and the Inn on Oak Creek are at the "Y". There is shopping you can easily walk to from there. If you want to go into downtown Sedona, it is a bit of a hike from the "Y". You can catch a shuttle from Los Abrigados.

The attractions in Sedona are spread out. You will need a car to reach them. Of course, you can always hire the Jeep tours or other guide services where they will come to the hotel to pick you up and drive you on tours and to attractions.

Sedona is pretty much smoke free in public places. You will have to ask the resort/hotel for a smoking room.

Mentioned in this post
Los Abrigados Lodge
Los Abrigados Lodge
41 Reviews
Sedona, AZ
Sedona, AZ
Level Contributor
1,490 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Location, location, location!

Cedars resort is right on the corner of the Y and has fantasic views. It is the most central location of all the ones mentioned above. It is non-smoking however. You also need to know that Sedona passed an ordinance to be a non-smoking city, i.e., no smoking in public building inside or outside. If this is an issue you could looking into accomodations outside the city limits.

928-282-7010

http://www.sedonacedarresort.com

England
Level Contributor
73 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Location, location, location!

Thank you all very much. That's exactly the information I was after.

My husband is a cigar smoker and the situation in Sedona is highly relevant.

6. Re: Location, location, location!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:18 pm, August 15, 2009