We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Spirit Quest?

Ohio
Level Contributor
35 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Spirit Quest?

I've heard some wondeerful things about Spirit Quest healing ceremonies-anyone with experience with them out there?

tucson az
Destination Expert
for Tucson, Arizona, Northern Mexico
Level Contributor
16,046 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Spirit Quest?

tripadvisor.com/…48993274

Kansas City...
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: Spirit Quest?

Terrible stay away. Nothing happens, might as well save your money

Scottsdale, Arizona
Level Contributor
661 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Spirit Quest?

hilarious. I've never even heard these great hoaxes!

Sedona is beautiful, and I firmly believe a few days relaxing, hiking and admiring the red rocks will heal anyone's soul. But don't pay for it.

tucson az
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
16,046 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Spirit Quest?

Amen, msu_gal. I plan to go to Sedona in March or April. I'll sit on some of those "vortexes" and see if anything happens. Maybe I'll be transported somewhere. I'll let you know.

Olympia, Washington
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Spirit Quest?

I have to agree with Kevin. I went to the shamanic retreat and it was a joke to say the least. It turns out that there are indeed no Shaman in the group, no experiences occurred and I felt that I completely wasted my money. The day trips were nothing but hikes in the woods. The ceremonies were uneventful and I learned nothing.

tucson az
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
16,046 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Spirit Quest?

I wonder what people are looking for when they say "shaman." A shaman in Native American culture is not the same as the shamanism from Asian cultures. There are similar roles, such as healing ceremonies. The old term "medicine man" is a good interpretation of shaman for NA culture. That role is one which is within a culture. Outside the culture, it has no meaning for others of different cultures. Real Native Americans do participate in scams. If a person is looking for an experience with a Native American spiritualist, that can only properly occur within the context of his or her native culture. and among the people of that culture. The religion of a Native American is not expressed through "shamanistic" ceremonies but is pervasive of how we live our lives, our value systems, our connection to families and others close to us, our philosophy of life in the best and broadest meaning on that expression. It takes a lifetime.

If the ceremonies of spiritualistic groups in Sedona have meaning for you, and you get something from them, then spend your money on those things. Don't be fooled into thinking there is greater meaning.

7. Re: Spirit Quest?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, September 10, 2015