We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Have you taken the 2.5 hr Cowboys & Aliens tour?

Castro Valley...
Level Contributor
7 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Have you taken the 2.5 hr Cowboys & Aliens tour?

It advertises "Explore the majestic geography of Sedona as well as the mysteries it holds on this unique tour. During the 2.5-hour excursion you'll learn about mysterious occurrences in the area, myths, and lore, and discover some of the most beautiful landscapes in Arizona"

It's supposed to start at sunset so just thought I'd check first so I wouldn't be disappointed or get ripped off as this is my first trip to Arizona & Sedona..

already have a tour booked for the Grand Canyon...

M Diamond Ranch
Sightseeing Tours
Sedona Sacred Earth
Nature & Wildlife Tours, Sightseeing Tours
Silver Spur Tours - Day Tours
Sightseeing Tours, Private Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Day Trips
Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
62,326 posts
246 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Have you taken the 2.5 hr Cowboys & Aliens tour?

Why are you booking a tour for the GCNP? That park is simple to self tour. Save your money. As for Cowboys and Aliens, I've never heard of it. But I'm pretty sure that neither really existed around Sedona. Sedona does have a fascinating history and plenty of lore. You can find out about it many different ways. Start at the museum off Jordan Road. If you're looking for a jeep tour, Pink Jeep, Broken Arrow is the best.

Sedona, Arizona
Level Contributor
499 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Have you taken the 2.5 hr Cowboys & Aliens tour?

Here is a link to the tour. getyourguide.com/sedona-l954/… It's a tour from A Day In The West, who are licensed thru the Forest Service and are a reputable business. And Red Rox is right; you can do a free self tour to the Grand Canyon. It's about a 2 hr drive from Sedona.

Actually the Cowboys and Aliens tour looks like fun. When you are on vacation, it's a time step outside your usual, and spread your wings a little. I did a walking Ghost Tour near Jamestown and thought I'd not like it, but everyone was going. It was so much fun!!! I think I believed about 40% of what the tour guide said but he was a kick, and interactive. Our last stop was in a cemetery where there were gravestones from the hundreds of yrs ago. Kinda peaked my interest in history.

3. Re: Have you taken the 2.5 hr Cowboys & Aliens tour?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, May 16, 2014