We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Canyon West or Broken Arrow?

Richmond, VA
Level Contributor
44 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
Canyon West or Broken Arrow?

I just stumbled onto this forum today, so forgive me if I'm asking a question that's been asked previously.

Our family of six (2 adults, 4 kids ages 9-15) will be at Junipine later this month. We want to take the much-acclaimed Pink Jeep tour, but can't decide between the Canyon West or Broken Arrow trip. I've read LOTS about 2-hr Broken Arrow and how great it is, but little-to-nothing about the comparable 1.5-hr Canyon West trip.

Instead of hearing only from the Broken Arrow fans, I'd like to hear from someone who's familiar with both trips... maybe even has taken both. Frankly, our key consideration is cost. We know the Broken Arrow trip would be a lot of fun, but four of us would have to pay $72 apiece versus $45 apiece (adults and kids over 12) for the slightly shorter Canyon West trip (Broken Arrow cost $20 more for kids).

Add it up and that's a chunk of change for a family of six. Is Broken Arrow really worth the extra $$?

Also - How may passengers can fit in a Pink Jeep? Would we have to travel in two?

Thanks a lot!

M Diamond Ranch
Sightseeing Tours
Sedona Sacred Earth
Sightseeing Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours
Great West Tours
Sightseeing Tours, Day Trips
Silver Spur Tours - Day Tours
Sightseeing Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Private Tours, Day Trips
Rural Valley, PA
Level Contributor
1,256 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Canyon West or Broken Arrow?

the jeep can hold 7, six in back and one in passenger seat so you all can go in the same jeep.

I only did the Broken Arrow and cannot rave enough about it. I understand it may cost more, but if you're like what we were, it's probably a once in a lifetime treat. Check out the travelers place just across from the Pink Jeep tour (or request the packet on the internet from the visit arizona page) and you get a 10% off coupon. That helps.

Sedona, AZ
Level Contributor
1,491 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Canyon West or Broken Arrow?

Well, it depends on what you really want out of the tour. Broken Arrow is like a ride at an amusement park. I don't know exactly where they go on the Canyon West tour but I think on that tour you will get more information about the area but not a lot of real Jeep action.

Broken Arrow is really exceptional but $432 compared to $270 with a difference of $162. Or the difference of 216 per hour or 135 per hour. The question that I would ask is whether the Canyon West is worth taking at all but I know that Broken Arrow is definitly worth doing.

I think the reason for the incredible price difference is that Broken Arrow takes a very well tuned Jeep with lots of expensive suspension upgrades while the other tours they do can be done in a stock Jeep or even a rental car.

As a family I would also suggest going to Slide Rock State Park. During the week there are fewer people so go then if you can. If you'd like to go swimming in a less popular spot and also hike I would suggest West Fork Trail. You can hike, swim, and escape the heat of Sedona.

Sedona, AZ
Level Contributor
1,491 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Canyon West or Broken Arrow?

Oh yes, PASue has a great suggestion. There are coupons for the Jeep tours. Also check out the Sedona Chamber of Commerce coupon book. When you get here go to the Chamber Visitors Center in Uptown Sedona and ask about discounts. Also ask about things to do for families. They know all the current stuff going on that may be helpful.

4. Re: Canyon West or Broken Arrow?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:26 am, August 16, 2009